News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on July 27, 2022, 04:38:24 PMU.i.d., ex-Johnsons E200 in service in Bromsgrove earlier with "West Midlands Bus" displayed in the blinds .  :wink:
We should be able to correct this now.  I have asked this to be rectified tonight

Simon Dunn

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 27, 2022, 06:31:54 PMHi Simon,

Is there any chance you could arrange for the 226, 250 and 251 pages to be updated with information on the diversion/stopping arrangements for those services as Hawbush Road (Brierley Hill) is closed next week and there is no information on the website.

Following on from this, will 226 services still be serving Swan Lane (albeit as a loop) as when part of Swan Lane was closed last year, buses were avoiding Hawbush road and the open section of Swan Lane and running direct, arriving in Wordsley/Brierley Hill early. And will the 251 be serving the (albeit unmarked/unflagged) stop on Brierley Hill Road/Cooper Avenue in lieu of the (unmarked/unflagged) Moor Street/Nagersfield Road stop as it won't be able to access Hawbush Road

Also, the 251 page is showing a diversion for the 8th August which is, in fact, the normal line of route for that service (running Leys Road, Moor Street, Hawbush Road.). The diversion for the 250 is however correct.

I have asked our Marketing people to pick this up and rectify.  

Thank you

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 27, 2022, 08:22:59 PMWe should be able to correct this now.  I have asked this to be rectified tonight
Thank you for the update. 

Westy

Morning. 

Can someone have a look at 30169 please?

It seems to have a near continual alarm activated, which I initially thought might have been when the doors were opened,  but it didn't shut off when closed. 

(I would say it's on a par with the continual ding ding that the Nx b6's used to have!)

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on August 02, 2022, 07:12:13 AMMorning.

Can someone have a look at 30169 please?

It seems to have a near continual alarm activated, which I initially thought might have been when the doors were opened,  but it didn't shut off when closed.

(I would say it's on a par with the continual ding ding that the Nx b6's used to have!)
Yes I will get this looked at.

Stu

Hi Simon,

I have just noticed today on the Midlands Review page on your website, that it now says that Diamond will no longer be operating the X20 service between Solihull and Coventry from 14th August.
https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/diamond-midlands-review-august/

Also it has now been added that the 87/A and 88/A services will no longer be operated by Diamond from 28th August.

The TfWM website shows a timetable for the X20 operated by Diamond from 14th August to 28th August.

Are you able to clarify what is happening with these services please?

I was just about to pen an article on my website to highlight the forthcoming changes for your West Midlands services, and would just like to clarify the facts, as I've already written about the X20 changes, which now appear to be wrong!

Thanks in advance!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Cheese

Hello Simon,

I have just boarded the X20 at Hampton in Arden station to go to Coventry with a Daytripper issued at the station. Driver of 40844 has flatly refused the ticket saying because it doesn't have 'n' at the start it's not valid. I've used rail issued Daytrippers on many occasions on Diamond Bus and this is the first time it has been refused. I had to pay the £2.40 single to Coventry which I was not happy about but he was having absolutely none of it

Not sure there is much that can be done but I think the drivers need to be aware that rail issued Daytrippers are valid etc.

Thanks, Rowley

Steveminor

Quote from: Cheese on August 06, 2022, 11:41:21 AMHello Simon,

I have just boarded the X20 at Hampton in Arden station to go to Coventry with a Daytripper issued at the station. Driver of 40844 has flatly refused the ticket saying because it doesn't have 'n' at the start it's not valid. I've used rail issued Daytrippers on many occasions on Diamond Bus and this is the first time it has been refused. I had to pay the £2.40 single to Coventry which I was not happy about but he was having absolutely none of it

Not sure there is much that can be done but I think the drivers need to be aware that rail issued Daytrippers are valid etc.

Thanks, Rowley
I will investigate & speak to the driver concerned 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Stu on August 05, 2022, 06:17:51 PMHi Simon,

I have just noticed today on the Midlands Review page on your website, that it now says that Diamond will no longer be operating the X20 service between Solihull and Coventry from 14th August.
https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/diamond-midlands-review-august/

Also it has now been added that the 87/A and 88/A services will no longer be operated by Diamond from 28th August.

The TfWM website shows a timetable for the X20 operated by Diamond from 14th August to 28th August.

Are you able to clarify what is happening with these services please?

I was just about to pen an article on my website to highlight the forthcoming changes for your West Midlands services, and would just like to clarify the facts, as I've already written about the X20 changes, which now appear to be wrong!

Thanks in advance!
I agree the post is incomplete and therefore incorrect.

The X20 historically was part commercial, part tendered by Warwickshire and part Tendered by TfWM.  The Warwickshire element has been lost on tender, and the timetable change is to revert to what was originally called the 82.

The TfWM tender expires on 28th August - we have also lost that together with the 87/88

Simon

Solo1

Simon Dunn

BK63 YWP

Hello Simon, 

The 226s rerouting to wall heath, is there a route this will take or a simple loop like the 17 does?

Regards 

Chris
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

WWH44L

Morning Simon,

33003 at Bolton is still tacking as a Bolton spare. Don't think it's tracked as itself since moving to Bolton.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: BK63 YWP on August 08, 2022, 05:44:50 PMHello Simon,

The 226s rerouting to wall heath, is there a route this will take or a simple loop like the 17 does?

Regards

Chris
Chris

The changes will not go ahead.  The route will stay as it is until 01/01/23.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on August 09, 2022, 09:58:53 AMMorning Simon,

33003 at Bolton is still tacking as a Bolton spare. Don't think it's tracked as itself since moving to Bolton.

I have asked the Bolton OM to pick this up

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk