News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond East Midlands (formerly Midland Classic)

Started by bahumbug, May 14, 2012, 08:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

Quote from: andy41 on August 03, 2022, 01:57:52 PMWhen are you moving this thread to Rotala?

Jesus, give them chance! There's nothing official yet anyway.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

andy41

Quote from: DJ on August 03, 2022, 01:58:56 PMJesus, give them chance! There's nothing official yet anyway.
Keep up. Yes there is.

DJ

andy41

DJ

Quote from: andy41 on August 03, 2022, 02:07:04 PMYou don't say!

No need for the attitude, sugar. 😘

Westy

Wonder where this leaves the little 'mini ' group around there?

D & G/Chaserider & Select left, of Peddle interests.

andy41

Quote from: Westy on August 03, 2022, 03:23:51 PMWonder where this leaves the little 'mini ' group around there?

D & G/Chaserider & Select left, of Peddle interests.
It probably leaves them exactly where they were, in the Centrebus Group in the case of D&G and Chaserider and in the ownership of Mr Brown in the case of Select.

It makes no difference whatsoever seeing as MC was not related to any of those businesses.

BBS

Rotala Purchased Midland classic now??  It seems like diamond is putting a end to smaller operators in the West Midlands then. 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

the trainbasher

I'd laugh if Rotala's next purchase would be "Diamond Bus South West"

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

MW

The paint shops will be busy for the next few months then!

Can we expect Tamworth to be incorporated into Diamond East Midlands?

ellspurs

Hopefully it'll go a tad better than the disaster that was the Johnsons acquisition.

winston

Quote from: andy41 on August 03, 2022, 03:46:46 PMIt makes no difference whatsoever seeing as MC was not related to any of those businesses.
Midland Classic was related to all of D&G, Chaserider, Select & Centrebus Group via Julian Peddle. He was a Director at Midland Classic up until resigning on today's takeover.

Quote from: MW on August 03, 2022, 05:04:42 PMThe paint shops will be busy for the next few months then!

Can we expect Tamworth to be incorporated into Diamond East Midlands?
Tamworth run the 25 Ward End - Erdington and 600 Erdington Circular. As well as a few journeys on the 94 that come off the 25.
Wonder if these would move to Tividale and they will run the 76/A from Burton like the current MC 20 which runs in Tamworth. The 15/16S/X16 and 35 in Staffordshire are all proposed to be withdrawn.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: MW on August 03, 2022, 05:04:42 PMCan we expect Tamworth to be incorporated into Diamond East Midlands?
Why would they do that when Tamworth is part of West Midlands (the wider region, not just the county!)

Quote from: 2206 on August 03, 2022, 07:07:38 PMTamworth also run the 25 Ward End - Erdington and 600 Erdington Circular. As well as a few journeys on the 94 that come off the 25.
Wonder if these would move to Tividale if Tamworth closed.
Why would they close the Tamworth depot?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on August 03, 2022, 07:12:52 PMWhy would they close the Tamworth depot?
Post August the only route Tamworth will run in the Tamworth area will be the 76/A and Midland Classic (Or Diamond East Midlandss soon) do already run into the Tamworth area from Burton on the 20.
I think some years ago Diamond closed Long Arce in Nechells and consolidated it into Tividale and Redditch, so maybe they'd do the same with Tamworth & Burton.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk