News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

Bostin place for a tram to break down this morning

mikestone

Ginger66

Quote from: mikestone on July 24, 2022, 12:21:23 PMTram 11 arriving at Sims Metals, Newport
http://www.wnxx.com/22/2207/220722/11.htm
Wasn't this the tram that was supposed to be preserved at Birmingham museum 

windy miller

A Metro tram conductor assured me back in mid june that another new tram was due to arrive soon,,,, presumably tram 46?... has there been any sign of it yet?
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

DJ

Quote from: windy miller on July 30, 2022, 03:19:56 AMA Metro tram conductor assured me back in mid june that another new tram was due to arrive soon,,,, presumably tram 46?... has there been any sign of it yet?
They may have been getting mixed up with trams returning from off-site repairs, I did see one arrive back (presumably from CAF) on a low-loader the other day.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Solo1

Quote from: DJ on July 31, 2022, 07:45:09 AMThey may have been getting mixed up with trams returning from off-site repairs, I did see one arrive back (presumably from CAF) on a low-loader the other day.

I think the rest of the new trams are due sometime in the  next year or 2

Tony

QuoteI think the rest of the new trams are due sometime in the  next year or 2
Yes, that's fairly obvious.

Solo1

A post on Facebook says tram 46 due this week 

Ginger66

According to E&S it looks like midland metro staff could be striking.  If they do strike it will be a kick in the teeth for its passengers who have endured hardly any services since late 2021 and services are now slowly getting back to normal with trams coming back in service after been repaired.  

The bosses should be frank with the staff that the customers have had no service due faulty trams and 'us' striking now will not go well done with passengers

ellspurs

Were the drivers paid their normal wages while the vehicles were inoperable?

Ginger66

Do you think the lines will be named once Digbeth - Birmingham and the other extensions come online.

Stu

Quote from: Ginger66 on September 10, 2022, 05:29:54 PMDo you think the lines will be named once Digbeth - Birmingham and the other extensions come online.
I don't know, more likely just additional route numbers added.

The current line is referred to as 'MM1', though I'm sure I have previously seen this referenced as 'ML1'.

Certainly the old trams used to show a route number of 1 on the destination blind.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ginger66

Dom

QuoteDisgusting bosses should be frank and say we look at a better pay offer when the extensions open and when we offer a proper service to passengers.
And which extension is that then?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk