News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Redditch

Started by jc, June 06, 2014, 10:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: cris 99 on July 06, 2022, 08:23:26 AMjust seen a pic of 30981 YJ10MHA going for scrap in Redditch anyone no the reason as it was in use last week?
I believe a 2nd ex Johnson's bus has also already been written off, due to repairs beyond economical repair required

cris 99

oh ok thanx for the info. Also noticed that the 2 69s are now tividale buses. Are these transfers or is the 69 now operated by tividale?
17//72/73/97/X12

Stu

Diamond have registered a 'new' X20 service from Solihull to Coventry:
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/596862/

Looks like they're keeping the X20 service number then.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

• More Redditch garage route cancellations:
  • PD0001374/514 Cancelled
    DIAMOND BUS LTD
    Route: Redditch Bus Station to Washford Drive via Crabbs Cross, Alexandra Hospital
    Service number: 11
    Service type: Normal Stopping
    Effective date: 28 Aug 2022
  • PD0001374/515 Cancelled
    DIAMOND BUS LTD
    Route: Redditch Bus Station to Astwood Bank (12), Ridgeway School (812) via Crabbs Cross, Alexandra Hospital
    Service number: 12 (812)

PD0001374/334 Cancelled
DIAMOND BUS LTD
Route: Redditch Bus Station to Redditch Bus Station via Matchborough
Service number: 62

• PD0001374/333 Cancelled
    DIAMOND BUS LTD
    Route: Redditch Bus Station to Redditch Bus Station via Studley
    Service number: 67
  • PD0001374/294 Cancelled
    DIAMOND BUS LTD
    Route: Redditch Bus Station to Evesham via Crabbs Cross, Studley, Alcester
    Service number: 247

LD713821

Quote from: Stu on July 08, 2022, 10:57:02 AMDiamond have registered a 'new' X20 service from Solihull to Coventry:
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/596862/

Looks like they're keeping the X20 service number then.
Hm, on google maps it shows a new 82 service Coventry to Solihull, starts running from 25th July? It would make sense for there not to be 2 X20's

ellspurs

Quote from: LD713821 on July 18, 2022, 09:59:05 PMHm, on google maps it shows a new 82 service Coventry to Solihull, starts running from 25th July? It would make sense for there not to be 2 X20's

Unless there is an amendment made to the vehicle operator licensing thing, then it'll probably be X20. There's a possibility that Google data has seen the curtailed route and just applied the old number to it. I haven't seen anything mentioned anywhere about it being renumbered back to 82.

DMCL

30507 (BX58 AON) Plaxton Centro was operating on Evesham Road in Redditch this morning. Not sure which route it was on because the destination display wasn't working and, what I think was supposed to be an A4 sheet of paper showing the destination, was curled up on the dashboard.

Steveminor

ellspurs

Quote from: Stu on August 05, 2022, 06:17:51 PMHi Simon,

I have just noticed today on the Midlands Review page on your website, that it now says that Diamond will no longer be operating the X20 service between Solihull and Coventry from 14th August.
https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/diamond-midlands-review-august/

Also it has now been added that the 87/A and 88/A services will no longer be operated by Diamond from 28th August.

The TfWM website shows a timetable for the X20 operated by Diamond from 14th August to 28th August.

Are you able to clarify what is happening with these services please?

I was just about to pen an article on my website to highlight the forthcoming changes for your West Midlands services, and would just like to clarify the facts, as I've already written about the X20 changes, which now appear to be wrong!

Thanks in advance!
Wow.

East Solihull's services, just gone like that.

Stu

Quote from: ellspurs on August 05, 2022, 06:29:08 PMWow.

I had to ask the question as I had already posted an article on my website about the X20 changes, which I've now taken down (as it's factually incorrect now).
I knew the 89 was being withdrawn, but there was no mention of the 87/88 services previously.

I suppose the big question now is who takes them over?

Maybe Stagecoach will operate the full X20 between Stratford and Coventry after all.

Or maybe this is why the 82 route number has started appearing on stops in Solihull again?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Uptight

QuoteI suppose the big question now is who takes them over?
I heard rumours that Landflight wanted to operate the X20/87/88 when Diamond first got them.

JPC

Yes, looking very likely to be Landflight judging by their social media post of yesterday evening....

QuoteDue to continued expansion we require additional bus drivers to cover new contracts.
Candidates must hold full category D licence and have current driver CPC.
Full route training along with free CPC training for the right candidate.
Will be driving new vehicles.
Competitive rates of pay and full uniform provided.
E-Mail your CV to matt@landflight.co.uk

Quote from: ellspurs on August 05, 2022, 06:29:08 PMWow.

End of TFWM tender/contract.

Another operator will have won the tender for them. Could be Landflight, Stagecoach, or NX (Coventry/Acocks Green), don't think any others operators operate in Solihull/Coventry.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

the trainbasher

Registrations & cancellations for the 52/A, 11 & 12 are in on DVSA

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

DMCL

I notice in the latest "Fleet Changes" that 30897 has been withdrawn. I think this was the last Dennis Dart at Redditch and I think it had been the last one for over two years. Should we be celebrating the end of an era?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk