News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broma1k

Whilst enjoying a pint in Wetherspoons last night the following were noted 17/20/21/22/28/29/31/36/45

Gareth

Quote from: broma1k on February 16, 2022, 10:17:59 AM
Whilst enjoying a pint in Wetherspoons last night the following were noted 17/20/21/22/28/29/31/36/45

39 and 40 were out too. Possibly 42 too.
I've noticed the new ones all have much nicer interiors with new moquette. However each time I see one, there seems to be issues with destination equipment. Either not working or showing something different on front/rear/sides.
45 today had nothing on the front, Birmingham on the sides and Library on the rear. 40 was showing Wolverhampton on both ends but Not In Service on the sides.

DJ

Quote from: Gareth on February 16, 2022, 03:37:53 PM
39 and 40 were out too. Possibly 42 too.
I've noticed the new ones all have much nicer interiors with new moquette. However each time I see one, there seems to be issues with destination equipment. Either not working or showing something different on front/rear/sides.
45 today had nothing on the front, Birmingham on the sides and Library on the rear. 40 was showing Wolverhampton on both ends but Not In Service on the sides.

I've noticed that too, along with the screens inside not showing anything on some of them. However, the audio announcements still worked, and are a loud louder than the old ones. I also noticed you can press the buttons on the door to have them open at the next stop, rather than having to wait, although it seems like most drivers open all the doors anyway.

The interiors are a lot nicer, hopefully we'll see a refurbishment of the older trams at some point to bring them up to the same standard.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Ginger66

Quote from: DJ on February 16, 2022, 05:10:14 PM
I've noticed that too, along with the screens inside not showing anything on some of them. However, the audio announcements still worked, and are a loud louder than the old ones. I also noticed you can press the buttons on the door to have them open at the next stop, rather than having to wait, although it seems like most drivers open all the doors anyway.

The interiors are a lot nicer, hopefully we'll see a refurbishment of the older trams at some point to bring them up to the same standard.

it might have to do with covid the drivers opening the doors as the doors are classed as a touchpoint and it could be for example tram leaves depot 6:20 but they might not get a wipe over until 09:30 or even later and it could be like that through the day till tram finishes in service.

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Ginger66

According to Midland Metro on twitter today the Edgbaston extension will open in the summer 2022. 

Ginger66

According to Andy Street tweet/facebook post trams should be under test conditions during May with service from June, surely then buses should  be running down at the same time so engineers can see if a bus can pass a tram by the ICC or free radio.

karl724223

Tram 42 on test colmore row crossing   not in service this afternoon

broma1k

40/41/42/45 seen Monday evening & 42/43/44 seen Wed evening all on test,44 complete with covers still on the seats & CAF sticker in the window.

Quote from: broma1k on April 15, 2022, 08:55:29 PM40/41/42/45 seen Monday evening & 42/43/44 seen Wed evening all on test,44 complete with covers still on the seats & CAF sticker in the window.
One was at Centenary Square today. 
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Solo1

Quote from: 2206 on April 15, 2022, 10:28:24 PMOne was at Centenary Square today.
Might of been 42 which was in corporation st about 6pm 

Ginger66

Still no update on when trams will return to service.  

Ginger66

Still a lack of communication from midland metro.  It is simple process all you have to say is sorry trams won't be returning anytime soon or yes trams will be returning and give a date.

Stu

Quote from: Ginger66 on May 24, 2022, 07:01:03 PMStill a lack of communication from midland metro.  It is simple process all you have to say is sorry trams won't be returning anytime soon or yes trams will be returning and give a date.
Last that I read elsewhere was that a service between Wolverhampton and Bull Street was expected to resume "by the end of May". (Whether that was May 2022 or 2023 wasn't clear!)

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

DJ

Quote from: Stu on May 24, 2022, 07:06:43 PMLast that I read elsewhere was that a service between Wolverhampton and Bull Street was expected to resume "by the end of May". (Whether that was May 2022 or 2023 wasn't clear!)

Hopefully it'll be fairly soon, if they aren't running by the time this railway strike goes ahead, then it's gonna make commuting very difficult!

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk