News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Booths Farm

Started by Kevin, September 27, 2014, 08:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Currently, the 952 only really serves Booths Farm on the way to Perry Barr and the city. I think they wanted to change that in the Pheasey network review but there was opposition to sending a bus down quiet residential streets to do it.

My suggestion would be to completely change the route, run it from Perry Barr via Aldridge Road, left onto Thornbridge, right Hassop rd, left Beeches rd, right Turnberry rd as it does now by the swimming baths, continue through to Calshot rd instead of Booths Farm rd, and up to terminate at Scott Arms.

This would serve more of the Beeches estate than currently, serve Booths Farm in both directions, and provide a better link up to the Scott Arms. Granted it'll be missing out a bus stop on Beeches rd and i think two quite close together on Booths Farm rd itself but i think it'll be conveniencing more people than it inconveniences.

The only real issue i see with it is that it cuts a link for some people to the new Tower Hill medical centre, but maybe then the 28 could be moved from serving Scott Arms to serving One Stop like the 28A used to.

Btw, I'm not counting the 424 in all this, personal opinion is that needs to be chopped up into little bits anyway
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk