News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

49 to Quinton

Started by Kevin, September 13, 2014, 12:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

another suggestion of mine likely to be ridiculed on here... But here goes anyway...

With the possibility of either Metro or Sprint... Would it make sense for the 49 to be re-routed from Brandhall either via Perry Hill Road or Kingsway to Quinton to link people along that route to the Hagley Road instead of the section to Bearwood? Pretty much all of the 49 route at the moment is connected by another route to Bearwood as it is, but the only connection to Quinton is the 54/54A from the Warley direction.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

winston

Quote from: Kevin on September 13, 2014, 12:26:58 PM
another suggestion of mine likely to be ridiculed on here... But here goes anyway...

With the possibility of either Metro or Sprint... Would it make sense for the 49 to be re-routed from Brandhall either via Perry Hill Road or Kingsway to Quinton to link people along that route to the Hagley Road instead of the section to Bearwood? Pretty much all of the 49 route at the moment is connected by another route to Bearwood as it is, but the only connection to Quinton is the 54/54A from the Warley direction.

From Stu's reply to mine in the Pensnett thread regarding Sprint (since moved to a Sprint thread), it seems that's how he see's Sprint working that bus routes may act as feeder's to Sprint? So it's not actually that ridiculous a suggestions, I guess it depends on how many people use it currently between Brandhall & Bearwood.

Sh4318

That wouldn't be a bad suggestion at all. The only thing I'd say, is that it probably wouldn't make a lot of money, and the residents of Brandhall would probably prefer a direct link to Oldbury as they already have the 54/A to Quinton or (if you live by the Co-op) a short walk up the road
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Liverpool Street

For god sake you're not talking about the YW 49 are you?

I don't know anything anymore. Everything was sweet as a nut under Travels' control.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

the trainbasher

It's the 449 they are talking about

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

sonic84

Diamond tried something similar when they had their 449 /450 circular services were linked by running via Kingsway and Hagley Road West.

The circular service didn't last for very long, but that's not to say that an extension to Bearwood via Quinton wouldn't work under NXMW

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk