News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

X51 - Victim of its own success?

Started by Kevin, November 19, 2013, 07:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

More often than not these days getting the 51 instead of the X51 in the peaks makes not a lot of difference at all. I say this because it takes a long time to load with all the people wanting to use it instead of the 51, and invariably it's standing room only. This morning (possibly more due to the Walsall trains being cancelled) it went past without even considering stopping because he physically couldn't fit any more people on board, and this isn't exactly a the height of the peak hour yet so it can only get worse.

In the meantime, and rather ironically, the 51 doesn't really encounter anywhere near as much traffic so takes near enough the same time and by the time it gets to town is only half full
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

Catching a X51 in the evening peak is a pain in the bum for my sister.

Lost count of the amount of times she has had an issue with the service.

She's even complained about it recently but I don't think it makes any difference personally!

woody38

they need to have more X51 & less 51 because a lot more people use that service now rather than the the 51, they should make some 51, X51 in the peaks giving a 5 minute service Between Birmingham & Walsall

37351ml

Last nights 18.45 x51 departure from bull street was a "no show" .

Sh4318

Quote from: woody38 on November 19, 2013, 01:26:58 PM
they need to have more X51 & less 51 because a lot more people use that service now rather than the the 51, they should make some 51, X51 in the peaks giving a 5 minute service Between Birmingham & Walsall

Surely this would only hinder the 51
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

BU07 LGO

supply and demand, I think it would make sense to maybe lose 1 in every 3 51 if they were to become x51's and also think the x56 should be better promoted

Westy

Why don't they have an inspector or summat on duty at the Birmingham stop, to share out the passengers as surely some passengers could get away with using either the 51 or X56 instead of piling onto the X51 selfishly?

Or bring back the 51e between Brum & Scott Arms. There used to be masses of those before deregulation ISTR.

(Then perhaps my sister will stop moaning every night!)

lynx1103

Quote from: Westy on November 19, 2013, 10:13:35 PM
Why don't they have an inspector or summat on duty at the Birmingham stop, to share out the passengers as surely some passengers could get away with using either the 51 or X56 instead of piling onto the X51 selfishly?

Or bring back the 51e between Brum & Scott Arms. There used to be masses of those before deregulation ISTR.

Judging catching X51 from Birmingham after Scott Arms the bus is half empty
So why not run short X51 to Scott Arms in peaks giving an increased frequency of every 8 mins
Then every 15 Mins to Walsall
Combined with 51 every 4 mins

Birmingham-Scott Arms

Tony

Would you like to be the person telling people 'you cannot get on the fast bus home, you've got to get the all stops one' I wouldn't!

Kevin

I'd actually say the Cannock services should be separate, an X51 every 10 mins or even more in peaks and then the Cannocks as extras, like the X56 is at the moment. I don't think X51 shorts to Scott Arms will help, because from what i can tell all the stops along the route are equally used.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

Quote from: Tony on November 19, 2013, 10:26:22 PM

Would you like to be the person telling people 'you cannot get on the fast bus home, you've got to get the all stops one' I wouldn't!

Then what would you like me to tell my sister when a bus doesn't turn up or is standing room only?

She's already complained to customer services over the situation,  and they've made the right noises but it still happens.

Ok I take your point, but that doesn't solve the problem!

monkeyjoe

Telling people they can't get the fast bus home, they will just go back in their cars. That was a joke right? lol

Bob

Quote from: Kevin on November 19, 2013, 11:42:05 PM
I'd actually say the Cannock services should be separate, an X51 every 10 mins or even more in peaks and then the Cannocks as extras, like the X56 is at the moment. I don't think X51 shorts to Scott Arms will help, because from what i can tell all the stops along the route are equally used.

The three cannock trips used to always be kept separate as 951A & ran alongside the X51 for a bit. It was ace the cannock journeys always got metros or on at least one occasion one of walsalls lynxes!!!

Westy

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 20, 2013, 08:44:35 PM

Telling people they can't get the fast bus home, they will just go back in their cars. That was a joke right? lol

So what would you do then?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk