News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Mobico Group (formerly NX Group)

Started by winston, March 06, 2013, 08:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

What's the point of a group name and brand change if the individual components of the group retain their exisisting brand names? Who are the changes intended to influence? NX aren't doing it for fun. As for Mobico what's that all about? 
Given that this is happening at a time when the group's share price is heading for the basement can't help wondering if there is more to this than meets the eye.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: RW on May 31, 2023, 05:27:04 PMWhat's the point of a group name and brand change if the individual components of the group retain their exisisting brand names? Who are the changes intended to influence? NX aren't doing it for fun. As for Mobico what's that all about?
Given that this is happening at a time when the group's share price is heading for the basement can't help wondering if there is more to this than meets the eye.
I feel like a sale is slowly happening and the name change is just the start
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

winston

Quote from: RW on May 31, 2023, 05:27:04 PMWhat's the point of a group name and brand change if the individual components of the group retain their exisisting brand names? Who are the changes intended to influence? NX aren't doing it for fun. As for Mobico what's that all about?
The reasoning for the groups name change was in the stockmarket announcement:

https://www.nationalexpressgroup.com/media/news-releases/2023/change-of-name/

The National Express name is known for its white UK coach network, it no longer reflects the Groups International multimodal businesses which are far large than their UK operations these days. 

winston

National Express Group Plc has been renamed Mobico Group Plc as of today:
https://www.mobicogroup.com/media/news-releases/2023/change-of-name-1/

NEX shares will start trading under the MCG ticker as of 8am tomorrow.

New Group website:
https://www.mobicogroup.com/

winston

The Group name change hasn't done anything for the shareprice, now at a new 3 year low circa 98p (£601 million Mkcap). 

MW

Quote from: winston on June 30, 2023, 03:03:11 PMThe Group name change hasn't done anything for the shareprice, now at a new 3 year low circa 98p (£601 million Mkcap).

Good time to top up. No?

winston

Quote from: MW on June 30, 2023, 03:27:56 PMGood time to top up. No?
I have actually had a top up today at 98.5p, plus I had ones at 124p & 153p, all thinking it was a good time to top up, but it's still going down.... 

Half Year results are due 27th July, they'll need to announce some exceptional profit growth, debt reduction + a new large contract win to turnaround this current downtrend.....🤔

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: winston on June 30, 2023, 06:50:27 PMI have actually had a top up today at 98.5p, plus I had ones at 124p & 153p, all thinking it was a good time to top up, but it's still going down....

Half Year results are due 27th July, they'll need to announce some exceptional profit growth, debt reduction + a new large contract win to turnaround this current downtrend.....🤔
Could we see nxwm/nxc go up for sale if no profit is made from the fare increase?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

winston

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on June 30, 2023, 07:01:39 PMCould we see nxwm/nxc go up for sale if no profit is made from the fare increase?
The NXWM fare increases won't be reflected in the Half Year results due 27th July. 

Stu

Quote from: winston on June 30, 2023, 07:31:45 PMThe NXWM fare increases won't be reflected in the Half Year results due 27th July.
Trust me, once the results are published, the local media rags will be telling their unsuspecting readership about how NXWM are making millions of pounds in profit while bus fares go up despite a "cost of living crisis". :rolleyes:

There's an agenda at play and it is all about conditioning people to become more welcoming of 'bus franchising' proposals.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: MW on June 30, 2023, 03:27:56 PMGood time to top up. No?
As I was saying, NX Group shareprice still continuing its decent to new multiyear lows, now 94p (£577 million Mkcap)

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: winston on July 06, 2023, 09:40:22 PMAs I was saying, NX Group shareprice still continuing its decent to new multiyear lows, now 94p (£577 million Mkcap)
That's bad right?

MW

Quote from: winston on July 06, 2023, 09:40:22 PMAs I was saying, NX Group shareprice still continuing its decent to new multiyear lows, now 94p (£577 million Mkcap)

Topped up at 96.05p, a few hours earlier!

winston

Quote from: MW on July 06, 2023, 09:58:43 PMTopped up at 96.05p, a few hours earlier!
I can't seeing it going much lower, but I didn't expect it to go to £1 or under either...

I think a lot of US shareholders have been dumping UK stocks, not just NX, but their debt pile will not be doing them any favours. Half Year results are due 27th July. 

winston

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk