News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: Bob on January 12, 2021, 11:05:49 PM
Theyve put in 18 vastly better buses and condemned around 12 of the arriva ones already so that should tell you how pior Arriva were!

You got any proof how 'poor' these buses are?

So D&G brought buses off Arriva to withdraw straight away losing them money from the off. If they were that bad they wouldn't have been included in the deal and more buses would have been sourced beforehand

D&G would not just buy assets of a business without inspecting them beforehand, or they wouldn't have been sold and a new price negotiated

Grinder

My experience of D & G would suggest that they are to astute to buy vehicles to scrap them.  Wonder where Bob gets his information.

Dom

Quote from: Pat on January 11, 2021, 05:47:09 PM
In all honesty, a driver's view of not being fit for service can sometimes be much different to a qualified engineer's.  I've heard drivers turn down buses for some of the silliest reasons, only for a qualified engineer to check over the bus and sign it off as fit for service.

Disagree here with you Pat. Drivers know the buses better than the engineers as they're the ones driving them day in day out. As a former driver myself, you know when a bus feels different or doesn't feel right compared another. What silly reasons have you heard for a driver stranding a bus?

Pat

Quote from: Dom on January 13, 2021, 10:16:16 AM
Disagree here with you Pat. Drivers know the buses better than the engineers as they're the ones driving them day in day out. As a former driver myself, you know when a bus feels different or doesn't feel right compared another. What silly reasons have you heard for a driver stranding a bus?
As mentioned previously, the driver refusing to take the bus, as it felt too slow.  Wasn't in limp mode and was just down to driver preference.

Contrary to that, i've seen drivers take out buses that shouldn't have been on the road in the first place, or that should have been taken out of service at the first convenient moment.

metrocity

Quote from: John on January 13, 2021, 09:04:16 AM

So D&G brought buses off Arriva to withdraw straight away losing them money from the off. If they were that bad they wouldn't have been included in the deal and more buses would have been sourced beforehand

D&G would not just buy assets of a business without inspecting them beforehand, or they wouldn't have been sold and a new price negotiated

Not necessarily. You would expect the purchase agreement to include a covenant relating to vehicle condition, which would protect the buyers position should the assets purchased not be fit for use. It would have been very difficult to inspect the assets prior to the deal being finalised due to the confidentially surrounding such a transaction

Vulcan

The senior management will know more about the Cannock operation than the Arriva management will ever know I can assure you

Steveminor

From my very reliable source the buses that arriva left to d&g were in a bad way, some of them bordering on dangerous. D&g in my personal opinion have taken the right approach by immediately removing those buses from service until they are  fit & safe for public service.

Steveminor

Disclaimer. Views that I post on here are my own personal views & thoughts & do not represent views or thoughts of organisations Ifrom a professional capacity

Bob

Quote from: John on January 13, 2021, 09:04:16 AM

Why were they immediately taken off the road then?

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on January 13, 2021, 11:59:16 AM
From my very reliable source the buses that arriva left to d&g were in a bad way, some of them bordering on dangerous. D&g in my personal opinion have taken the right approach by immediately removing those buses from service until they are  fit & safe for public service.

Perhaps you might like to back up any comments like that?

AS for the depot, I have received confirmation that:-

The depot site was sold and there was a 5 year lease on it but with break clauses.
D&G have a sub lease for up to 3 years.

888DUK

Quote from: Tony on January 13, 2021, 05:43:52 PM
Perhaps you might like to back up any comments like that?

AS for the depot, I have received confirmation that:-

The depot site was sold and there was a 5 year lease on it but with break clauses.
D&G have a sub lease for up to 3 years.

Thanks for the clarity Tony.

Regarding other comments its all going slightly off track, the Arriva haters I would suggest post on the Arriva thread and let's give D & G a chance.

Steveminor

@Tony I wont divulge my source but as I posted it is very very reliable or I wouldn't have posted.

Maybe others dont have the guts to defend d& g but I have they have a good history on fleet upgrades & providing a reliable service look at the all JP associated businesses & they're all flourishing even in these troubled times

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on January 13, 2021, 06:23:43 PM
@Tony I wont divulge my source but as I posted it is very very reliable or I wouldn't have posted.

Maybe others dont have the guts to defend d& g but I have they have a good history on fleet upgrades & providing a reliable service look at the all JP associated businesses & they're all flourishing even in these troubled times

Without proof, this forum is not the place to make what could be libelous remarks though.

I do remember similar accusations against when of your former employees was taken over by a responsible group.

D&G don't need defending, they are a reputable company and no-one has made any allegations to say otherwise

tphi12000

Nice variation on the 825 early this morning with Streetlite 63 , Scania 199 and E200 40 noted between Rugeley and Stafford on my drive to work.
Tony

Depotosw

Quote from: Bob on January 13, 2021, 01:26:22 PM
Why were they immediately taken off the road then?

And who says they are not pending reviewing the acquired assets or making plans for them? Far too much speculation from Arriva haters with second hand comments then made out to be from authoritative sources, lots of 2 + 2 = 7 style guess work. Perhaps more sensible thought would be that Chaserider probably want more of their fleet livery stock on the road to stamp the change of brand as much as possible, who knows.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk