News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

Jack

Quote from: MasterPlan on May 11, 2018, 07:04:37 PM
Tridents aren't exactly that rare.
E400 and B7RLE aren't rare. Tridents are noteworthy.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Jack on May 11, 2018, 07:14:32 PM
E400 and B7RLE aren't rare. Tridents are noteworthy.

Not really. You get all sorts on all of the Harborne routes. I don't really think there is anything noteworthy on those.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

MasterPlan

6876 came out with "Rutters Meadow" when approaching the Serpentine Road stop in Harborne, not even sure where that is!

CL

Quote from: MasterPlan on May 12, 2018, 06:54:20 AM
6876 came out with "Rutters Meadow" when approaching the Serpentine Road stop in Harborne, not even sure where that is!
I had one announcement should* Romsley Road as we were approaching Municipal Offices city-bound! I suppose it was just a glitch; it corrected itself once the doors opened. The bus itself was changing from a 22 to a 23.

*shouted, that should say
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Mike K

Quote from: CL on May 12, 2018, 07:54:53 AM
I had one announcement should Romsley Road as we were approaching Municipal Offices city-bound! I suppose it was just a glitch; it corrected itself once the doors opened. The bus itself was changing from a 22 to a 23.

The random announcements definitely occur when the service number has just been changed. Often in the mornings the drivers change from a 22 to a 23 or vice versa at the ICC  and the next announcement is 'Woodside Way'. Re 6876, Rutters Meadow is in Woodgate Valley North - was this a 29 journey that interworks with the 24 and the driver changed number very early?

Either that or 6876 has Tourette's.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Mike K on May 12, 2018, 10:00:06 AM
The random announcements definitely occur when the service number has just been changed. Often in the mornings the drivers change from a 22 to a 23 or vice versa at the ICC  and the next announcement is 'Woodside Way'. Re 6876, Rutters Meadow is in Woodgate Valley North - was this a 29 journey that interworks with the 24 and the driver changed number very early?

Either that or 6876 has Tourette's.

Yes it did change to a 24... on Great Charles Street though! It did then correct itself when we stopped at Serpentine Road.

They do tend to play up when changing routes though you're right. Or even just changing the display from outbound to inbound etc.

WMT3000

Jack

Quote from: WMT3000 on May 12, 2018, 01:20:58 PM
4166 on the 63 today.
Is it noteworthy to have Tridents on the 63 now?

WMT3000

Quote from: Jack on May 12, 2018, 03:22:44 PM
Is it noteworthy to have Tridents on the 63 now?
If it was particularly noteworthy, i would have posted it in Noteworthy Workings. It's about time, Jack, that you stopped posting these condescending (sorry if you need a dictionary) "What do you know?" responses. People like you and angry Dom are ruining this forum. It's a real shame you've got nothing better to do than reply to other people's posts all day without actually saying anything constructive whatsoever. Incidentally, in case you hadn't noticed, there's now a branded group of non-tridents for the 63. If you look up from your screen, actually travel on a bus in Birmingham, you might even be lucky enough to see one.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: WMT3000 on May 13, 2018, 07:34:32 AM
If it was particularly noteworthy, i would have posted it in Noteworthy Workings. It's about time, Jack, that you stopped posting these condescending (sorry if you need a dictionary) "What do you know?" responses. People like you and angry Dom are ruining this forum. It's a real shame you've got nothing better to do than reply to other people's posts all day without actually saying anything constructive whatsoever. Incidentally, in case you hadn't noticed, there's now a branded group of non-tridents for the 63. If you look up from your screen, actually travel on a bus in Birmingham, you might even be lucky enough to see one.

Take a bow son @WMT3000 ! It's so true!
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Ben

What's going on?

Just seen 3 Platinum Enviro's in Allesley

One unbranded went towards Coventry as if on the X1 but on 'Private hire'

Second parked up seemingly NIS with mechanic at Neale Ave

And 6854 on actually on the  X1.

cardew

The X1 was definitely affected by a broken down bus. I exited the front door of the airport at 12:15 and did not reach The Swan at Yardley til 13:30. Longer than the flight. The driver was getting some unwarranted criticism of the service from some passengers.

On a related matter the bus infrastructure at the airport really does not match the quality of the vehicles. Shelters covered in rust and a next to useless digital display which shows timetabled times rather than real-time. My phone was dead so I did not have the real time app available, if I had have done I'd have taken another route.

Ben

Quote from: cardew on May 21, 2018, 02:50:58 PM
The X1 was definitely affected by a broken down bus. I exited the front door of the airport at 12:15 and did not reach The Swan at Yardley til 13:30. Longer than the flight. The driver was getting some unwarranted criticism of the service from some passengers.

On a related matter the bus infrastructure at the airport really does not match the quality of the vehicles. Shelters covered in rust and a next to useless digital display which shows timetabled times rather than real-time. My phone was dead so I did not have the real time app available, if I had have done I'd have taken another route.

Thanks for the service info. Surprised to hear such a new vehicle broke down.

As for the bus stops at Birmingham Airport, not that I fly but on occasion I've been I prefer waiting for a bus at International station. Not much better but I prefer it being an enclosed building.
I don't know whether the airport stops are airport responsibility or TfWM but they could do with a bit of TLC. Might be worth reporting.

Brummie45

Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk