News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Dudley Bus Station

Started by Andrew1991, July 16, 2012, 05:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew1991

Has anybody else noticed that the past 3 days while there has been a diversion around the town centre that the buses are getting in & out of the station a lot easier. Before the diversion they were always causing traffic jams in castle street at the junction with fisher street. But now the buses are only coming out that way the traffic has gone.

I think that they should make this diversion permanent seeing as the buses are running better. What are your thoughts ?

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

I definetly agree on the getting out part but certainly not getting in, routes such as the 1, 82, X96, 27 that come up New Street past the police station are really suffering as they have to go up by the job centre and then all the way round, down King Street and then in, was on the number 1 coming out of the station and the driver was driving at absouletly insane speeds to try and keep to timetable because he had spent 10 minutes longer trying to get in. The 223 is also another route, especially as its only once an hour I saw an Arriva Enviro 200 driving extremely dangerously up King Street trying to keep his departure time as he had to spend 10 minutes on the corner round by the Asda to come back into Dudley

Andrew1991

Yeah I can see what you mean, if they were to change the station like this they would definately need some bus lanes, but then if the broadway wasn't closed all of the traffic wouldn't be there.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Certainly, Dudley is absoulety crazy at the moment, something needs to be done, the traffic is just a nightmare, the sooner King Street is re-opened to normal traffic the better.

Just to give an example, from Merry Hill to Dudley on the X96 took me about 15 minutes, it took me the same time, 15 minutes to travel around a mile on the number 1 back home to Eve Hill such was the extent of the backlog along New Street and Wolverhampton Street.

So 15 minutes to do 4 miles going away from Dudley
And 15 minutes to do 1 mile going through Dudley

Andrew1991

I think traffic in the whole of dudley needs to be drastically changed, I was on the 246 a couple weeks back and it took nearly 15 mins to get from asda to co-op I got off in the end, walked to the station and nothing was moving there either, I ended up walking back to gornal as no traffic was moving in or out of the town centre

matt904102

Going out of Dudley is easy yes. But coming into Dudley from the North is a nightmare. It is a very long diversion and very congested.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk