News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

First apologise for being useless

Started by Tony, September 21, 2012, 08:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Justin Tyme

Well, a grovelling apology is a start, although it indicates that things have got pretty bad - a bit like the First Great Western trains problem in the Bristol area a few years ago when passengers went on 'fares strike' for a day.

They will need to do better than this with the West Coast railway franchise!

PM

First could do like a Nick Clegg style apology set to that catchy advert which was declared inaccurate or something about them saving the planet. Then there could be a competition of apologies to see who could get to number 1. Oh wait, first dont really like competition tho no doubt if there apology song did try to compete then the Competition Comission would have to step in and ruin the fun

arrifirststage

Is correct spelling now extinct?
Look at the bottom line of First's "apology".

andy

Quote from: arrifirststage on September 22, 2012, 09:59:18 AM
Is correct spelling now extinct?
Look at the bottom line of First's "apology".

Yes I noticed that when I read it but unfortunately it's pretty standard on websites now. 'We're' not 'were'

I had to go on my MP's website the other day to get his contact details and several articles on there were littered with similar errors. It's depressing.

sconehead85

Will Arriva be next? They bloody well ought to be next to apologise!

First have a lot to apologise for, hanging on to double deckers into their twenties, and that "we beleive that buses are the future" advert while still running such antiques!

sconehead85

Discodave

Quote from: sconehead85 on September 23, 2012, 12:48:25 AM

First have a lot to apologise for, hanging on to double deckers into their twenties, and that "we beleive that buses are the future" advert while still running such antiques!

sconehead85

If its regards to Arriva Midlands yes for having such shite at Cannock,Stafford,Wednesfield MPD rattle boxes knackered darts and SB200 dafs which are gutless do I need to go on and charging extorionate fares to ride on such crap

Bob

Quote from: Discodave on September 25, 2012, 10:33:17 AM
Quote from: sconehead85 on September 23, 2012, 12:48:25 AM

sconehead85

If its regards to Arriva Midlands yes for having such shite at Cannock,Stafford,Wednesfield MPD rattle boxes knackered darts and SB200 dafs which are gutless do I need to go on and charging extorionate fares to ride on such crap

If they hang on to thecrap theyve inherited from Midland, and its the shape of things to come, jesus....

D10

Discodave

Quote from: D10 on September 25, 2012, 09:24:18 PM
Trouble at mill in South Wales too with a possible strike...

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/south_west_wales/travel_news/news_initiatives/?item=7291&conf=0

£27,000 a year you must have to work 1 million hours a week complete bull just like Diamonds £21,000 a year on the back of there buses the wages are still the same from when I had my short stint there as a mate of mine works there and with the rota changes is losing £100 a week and with what you have to put up with and the almost every Sunday Working STRIKE

Bruce_LOA400X

first the worst,
arriva aren't best,
Centrebus s*** on all the rest!

that's the little thing I say to leicester folk.

Honestly First can't even keep to time, their buses are a filthy as a squat house, I have been on one bus where the seat was damp and there was a smell of Urine.... needless to say I changed as soon as I got home!

I try not to catch first if I can help it, I hate the fact I have to pay £1.80 to travel 2.5 miles into the city centre on a clapped out bus (yes the 10 year old ones are knackered here!), which smells, is full of litter, needs a good wash etc...

Arriva fail to damnation as well... sometimes I'd rather walk!!!!
Transport campaigner and Avid transport enthusiast

Quote from: Discodave on September 26, 2012, 12:52:00 PM

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/south_west_wales/travel_news/news_initiatives/?item=7291&conf=0

£27,000 a year you must have to work 1 million hours a week complete bull just like Diamonds £21,000 a year on the back of there buses the wages are still the same from when I had my short stint there as a mate of mine works there and with the rota changes is losing £100 a week and with what you have to put up with and the almost every Sunday Working STRIKE
Yeah and the small print underneath reads 'based on a 48 hour week once probationary period is completed' of course it doesn't say how long the probationary period is  :P
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Bruce_LOA400X

Quote from: 4006 on September 30, 2012, 07:10:19 PM
Quote from: Discodave on September 26, 2012, 12:52:00 PM

Yeah and the small print underneath reads 'based on a 48 hour week once probationary period is completed' of course it doesn't say how long the probationary period is  :P

The perfect Legal get out... not the first to do it and they won't be the last either.

One thing to live by in employment, Once Bitten Twice Shy. hence why I tend to be a bit more cautious and I'm 20, which says a lot!! Lol
Transport campaigner and Avid transport enthusiast

sconehead85

First very nearly had to apologise for something which nearly happened in Leeds.

First decided to name new hybrid buses after famous citizens born in Leeds, living or dead.  In the Buses magazine I noticed that one of the hybrids had its name painted out in July.  By now I think you will have worked out whose name was removed but this is two months before the ITV1 documentary about this "famous citizen of Leeds" and his despicable deeds.

The name was removed because of a MIS SPELLING as Jimmy Savill or Jimmy Saville.  The proper spelling was S-A-VILE.

sconehead85

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk