News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

First Bus - Leicester

Started by John, May 19, 2014, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fin W

Quote from: SSmith09 on April 28, 2024, 12:32:12 PMIf bus times is correct then 63531 has returned from wrightbus and is now back in service.
saw it the other day

Mayfield

Wonder if 63523 will ever see service again

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Mayfield on April 28, 2024, 01:18:29 PMWonder if 63523 will ever see service again
At some point soon I'd say - for a brand new bus that only had a few days / weeks in service I cannot believe they'd keep it off road indefinitely 

Glenfieldmathk1

First Streetdeck Electroliner, I've just seen it heading down A50 in Markfield. All green with dark green stripes.
Coincidently it was following a EMA Evolution! 
Hopefully be out in service soon!

Mayfield

The photo of First York 36501 loaded yesterday at Tyseley there looks like a First Kite parked behind it, what and who's facilities are at Tyseley

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on May 02, 2024, 10:24:53 AMThe photo of First York 36501 loaded yesterday at Tyseley there looks like a First Kite parked behind it, what and who's facilities are at Tyseley
It's a Leicester kite for air conditioning work 

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on May 02, 2024, 09:33:36 AMFirst Streetdeck Electroliner, I've just seen it heading down A50 in Markfield. All green with dark green stripes.
Coincidently it was following a EMA Evolution!
Hopefully be out in service soon!
Update it's 36617. Interestingly (unlike the kites when they were delivered), it's fully branded inside and out.
36622 has also been seen leaving the factory.

Magikrabby

I saw 4 streetdeck electroliners at the depot today. 36616 was one of them, and has the plate BN24 ZWC. The others were too far away to identify. They are pre-facelift like the kites, but have green headlights - I wonder if this is to differentiate from Arriva's batch? Hopefully won't be too long until they are in service! The infrastructure is already there and drivers are trained for electrics so I can't imagine much delay.

Here is a picture of it: https://flic.kr/p/2pPmsoL

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Magikrabby on May 05, 2024, 04:21:35 PMI saw 4 streetdeck electroliners at the depot today. 36616 was one of them, and has the plate BN24 ZWC. The others were too far away to identify. They are pre-facelift like the kites, but have green headlights - I wonder if this is to differentiate from Arriva's batch? Hopefully won't be too long until they are in service! The infrastructure is already there and drivers are trained for electrics so I can't imagine much delay.

Here is a picture of it: https://flic.kr/p/2pPmsoL
Was told by a driver who I know there's 5 there now.. 2 are ready for service.. and more due this week.
It's expected that only when they all arrive will the other old DD's go starting with the E400's to Essex. Although not sure if all 8 will go or if 2 will remain (for Amazon). Streetdecks have a little longer before leaving.

LazyGuy222

Former Leicester 32644 (KP54 AZG) has officially been preserved by the Midlands Bus Preservation Group, which is amazing news, so glad one of the KP54's have been saved. 

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on May 09, 2024, 01:30:27 PMFormer Leicester 32644 (KP54 AZG) has officially been preserved by the Midlands Bus Preservation Group, which is amazing news, so glad one of the KP54's have been saved.
Coventry based so hopeful it will see some use in Leicester events especially from 2025!
I'm aware there's 2 former Leicester ALX's preserved too but one is further away from Leicester and most of its use is away from Leicester sadly!
Still great news 👍

markcf83

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on May 09, 2024, 01:30:27 PMFormer Leicester 32644 (KP54 AZG) has officially been preserved by the Midlands Bus Preservation Group, which is amazing news, so glad one of the KP54's have been saved.
Excellent news.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk