News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

First Somerset relaunched as "The buses in Somerset"

Started by JoNi, January 27, 2014, 06:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

mikestone

Quote from: 4006 on January 28, 2014, 01:42:32 AM
Yet another firm showing NX how to do a livery  :P
'
;
Or another case of bulls**t baffling brains?
;
Quote from: Winston on January 28, 2014, 07:41:09 PM

and  a free reign  to grow the operations with a blank canvas, hence getting Best Impressions in to re-brand Taunton & Bridgewater
and use an unlimited amount of management speak?

tank90

Quote from: mikestone on February 01, 2014, 08:18:19 PM
Quote from: 4006 on January 28, 2014, 01:42:32 AM
Yet another firm showing NX how to do a livery  :P
'
;
Or another case of bulls**t baffling brains?
;
Quote from: Winston on January 28, 2014, 07:41:09 PM

and  a free reign  to grow the operations with a blank canvas, hence getting Best Impressions in to re-brand Taunton & Bridgewater
and use an unlimited amount of management speak?
Or First looking at what passenagers have said or done when they have left areas, ie Kidderminster where a change of name has done passenager numbers well.

The main point is to the man in the street or woman on the street its not a First bus any more, it's a Somerset bus so no more First in there eyes. It's playing woth people in effect, those who ran from a First Bus will come back and those who used First will stay increasing the coffers for First.

I say good on First for trying it as it may make them a shed of money.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

richie

I would say this has been done to make a more attractive disposal. It is certainly a more attractive purchase in its new form.

StourportSam

Quote from: tank90 on February 01, 2014, 10:36:34 PM
First looking at what passenagers have said or done when they have left areas, ie Kidderminster where a change of name has done passenager numbers well

Although now the brand has lost its novelty value passengers are moaning about Diamond, many are being put off by the smaller buses.

tank90

Quote from: StourportSam on February 02, 2014, 04:44:04 PM
Quote from: tank90 on February 01, 2014, 10:36:34 PM
First looking at what passenagers have said or done when they have left areas, ie Kidderminster where a change of name has done passenager numbers well

Although now the brand has lost its novelty value passengers are moaning about Diamond, many are being put off by the smaller buses.
That was always the risk that Diamond had tho.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Justin Tyme

Quote from: richie on February 02, 2014, 04:07:48 PM
I would say this has been done to make a more attractive disposal. It is certainly a more attractive purchase in its new form.

I doubt if it has been done to make it more saleable.  First must have spent alot of money on this "full Stenning" rebrand - and don't forget that many new owners bring in a new brand anyway (e.g. Rotala with Diamond).

As Winston said a few days ago, the new South West MD has been doing alot of revitalising in his territory, and this looks like a big go (perhaps an experiment) at going local.

DD12

Quote from: Justin Tyme on February 02, 2014, 06:58:33 PM
Quote from: richie on February 02, 2014, 04:07:48 PM

I doubt if it has been done to make it more saleable.  First must have spent alot of money on this "full Stenning" rebrand - and don't forget that many new owners bring in a new brand anyway (e.g. Rotala with Diamond).

As Winston said a few days ago, the new South West MD has been doing alot of revitalising in his territory, and this looks like a big go (perhaps an experiment) at going local.

I think it may "work both ways".
If First have an operation that they would like to sell but cannot, they can allow a new MD a blank canvas and a little bit of money to rebuild it up to the point where it IS saleable.
If I was in charge of First, I would want managers who were capable of this.

The alternative is (ultimately) abandoning and closing some more operations.

John

An ex-London President in the new livery
http://www.flickr.com/photos/benbeaver95/12220905923/

A lot better than the old First Barbie livery

winston

Tony

Liverpool Street

One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Tony

Liverpool Street

until it cought fire

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk