News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

144 Rubery

Started by sonic84, December 21, 2013, 01:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonic84

Spotted a First 144 within the Great Park complex today.  I didn't see which direction it was heading, but could anyone tell me when it started diverting in towards Great  Park.  I always thought it just ran along the Bristol Road South direct.

Liverpool Street

Big smash on Longbridge island apparently causing 98, 63, 144 diverted via Great Park, Tessal Lane, Elan Road, Tessal Lane, Bristol Road South normal line of route.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Kevin

ah wow, so the BR is all up the s***ter then now aint it?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Kevin on December 21, 2013, 03:06:35 PM
ah wow, so the BR is all up the s***ter then now aint it?

Bingo. Unbelievably so in fact. Don't know how bad it is now - I gave up.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 21, 2013, 02:14:45 PM
Big smash on Longbridge island apparently causing 98, 63, 144 diverted via Great Park, Tessal Lane, Elan Road, Tessal Lane, Bristol Road South normal line of route.

Not a big smash - The roof has come off Bournville College! Yes that nice new building.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on December 21, 2013, 05:02:56 PM

Not a big smash - The roof has come off Bournville College! Yes that nice new building.

Well there you go then.. was told a big smash. Hence the "apparently"
until it cought fire

John

The 19 I got from Northfield to Maypole was running 40 minutes late today. The driver was saying that the Roof on Sainsburys was unsafe with road closures put in place.

I don't know if the college roof problem was the reason for him been so late, or whether something was going on at Sainsburys, but I have not heard anything about Sainsburys on BBC news, just about the college

Stu

It was Bournville College again, the temporary repair that had been done on Monday had come unstuck:
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/birmingham-road-closed-second-time-6437732

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

nitromatt1

Quote from: Tony on December 21, 2013, 05:02:56 PM

Wasn't that the building which had its tiles blown off onto the Bristol Road earlier on in the week, causing service disruption?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk