News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lots of cancelled trains on the Snow Hill Lines today.
18:15 Worcester - Dorridge, 18:24 Kidderminster - Whitlocks End and loads of others cancelled.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BK63 YWP

QuoteLots of cancelled trains on the Snow Hill Lines today.
18:15 Worcester - Dorridge, 18:24 Kidderminster - Whitlocks End and loads of others cancelled.
Action short of strike, no Overtime
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Bob

I need to buy an Nnetwork zones 1 to 5 day ticket, the £9.60 one. Theyre valid from and to Cannock. I dont have an active Swift card, so need a paper ticket. Can i get this on board the train, as cannock stn isnt a "staffed station"? Or would the ticket machine srll them ?

Ginger66

Quote from: Bob on July 07, 2023, 04:46:06 AMI need to buy an Nnetwork zones 1 to 5 day ticket, the £9.60 one. Theyre valid from and to Cannock. I dont have an active Swift card, so need a paper ticket. Can i get this on board the train, as cannock stn isnt a "staffed station"? Or would the ticket machine srll them ?
Top-up online
To top up your card online, log in to your Swift account and select the card you'd like to add money to. Choose the amount you want to add, and checkout.
You have to activate the top-up by using either:
  • the TfWM app
  • an on-street Swift collector machine
  • a Swift kiosk
TfWM (formerly Swift) app
If you have a smartphone you can activate the top-up on your card from home using the app.
For an Android device, get the app from the Google Play Store.
For an iPhone, get the app from the App Store.
When you've downloaded it:
  • Open the app
  • Select the Swift Collector
  • Hold your Swift card to the back of your phone
  • Follow the on-screen instructions

Bob

Quote from: Ginger66 on July 07, 2023, 06:15:32 AMTop-up online
To top up your card online, log in to your Swift account and select the card you'd like to add money to. Choose the amount you want to add, and checkout.
You have to activate the top-up by using either:
  • the TfWM app
  • an on-street Swift collector machine
  • a Swift kiosk
TfWM (formerly Swift) app
If you have a smartphone you can activate the top-up on your card from home using the app.
For an Android device, get the app from the Google Play Store.
For an iPhone, get the app from the App Store.
When you've downloaded it:
  • Open the app
  • Select the Swift Collector
  • Hold your Swift card to the back of your phone
  • Follow the on-screen instructions

Looking at it, you have to have an active swift card to do it that way. Which i dont have.  You can buy a papet n network ticket from staffed stations, but on the chase line the first staffed station after cannock is Walsall, so thats why i asked if it could be bought from the conductor. 

Tony

Quote from: Bob on July 07, 2023, 06:48:06 AMLooking at it, you have to have an active swift card to do it that way. Which i dont have.  You can buy a papet n network ticket from staffed stations, but on the chase line the first staffed station after cannock is Walsall, so thats why i asked if it could be bought from the conductor.
The machines do sell them, but nNetwork are not valid to Cannock,  only nTrain ones are so there's a small supplement to extend them from Bloxwich North

Rachvince53

Quote from: Tony on May 17, 2023, 09:46:03 PMSaturday should be the last day of Class 170s on WMR
Are they moving elsewhere or being mothballed?

Tony

Quote from: Rachvince53 on July 07, 2023, 09:27:49 AMAre they moving elsewhere or being mothballed?
All of to East Midlands

B61 ANDREW

I popped to Bromsgrove Station earlier this morning to see 2 x 56's head south and was rather amused to read on the platform train departure displays that the "First departure from Platform 3 was the 2203 to Lichfield formed of 12 coaches . . . . ".  :embarrassed: :grin:  

mikestone

BK63 YWP

Quotehttps://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:K05507/2023-10-28/detailed?fbclid=IwAR1RsPbYLJ08Lv9Ya3TCNxVJlX3g3ZeWVDf6zKuf5Ay3MUDRLLmMvgtGAm4
said to be the first 323 leaving for Northern.
;
Not seen any report of 730s in use.
The 730s are going to London Euston to Northampton's first replacing the 319s followed by wolves to walsall shortly. 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

LiamsTransport1

Quote from: mikestone on October 27, 2023, 07:57:40 PMhttps://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:K05507/2023-10-28/detailed?fbclid=IwAR1RsPbYLJ08Lv9Ya3TCNxVJlX3g3ZeWVDf6zKuf5Ay3MUDRLLmMvgtGAm4
said to be the first 323 leaving for Northern.
;
Not seen any report of 730s in use.

Only the one 323 unit going for now. 730s not due till next year on the cross city.
Local routes: 19/20/20A/27/39/39A/49/55/63/145/202

Tony

The first passenger use of a class 730 in the West Midlands is currently planned for 29th January, although I have been asked to not reveal exact details yet

Ronnoc

I'm assuming that all WMR services that will get 730s (Cross City, Walsall-Wolves, BHX to Rugeley) will use 6-car formations.

Tony

Quote from: Ronnoc on December 27, 2023, 08:14:24 PMI'm assuming that all WMR services that will get 730s (Cross City, Walsall-Wolves, BHX to Rugeley) will use 6-car formations.
No, As per my Comment earlier today on the LNWR thread the Birmingham International to Rugeley is keeping 350s. You cannot run anything longer than 4 to Rugeley

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk