News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

Ah yes, the Firs estate, who totally used to use the buses that went around there that went to Asda and linked to other areas ages ago. 

They have a service that literally leaves their estate and Bromford and then hightails it to the city centre.

I looked at his X, he has a very apt username.

I remember the trouble the 98 used to have getting around the Shawsdale Road/Riddfield Road area. 

CL

Clocked E191 on charge in the workshop this afternoon; I make it five EVs on site now (including Coventry's E057!)  :laugh:
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: CL on February 22, 2024, 08:02:39 PMClocked E191 on charge in the workshop this afternoon; I make it five EVs on site now (including Coventry's E057!)  :laugh:
No, I swapped E191 for E170, 191 wouldn't charge at BC and 170 needs livery application which is being done tomorrow 

Jack D

64 was carrying air when I saw it earlier, any news on how it worked today?

Steve3229vp

Nice to see 2104 on loan, mainly used on the FD service and also a short stint on the 28. I hope PB gets some if these in the future to replace those horrible Scanias

Jack D

Anyone know how the 64/X64 have been getting on? Have they been busy?

markcf83

Quote from: Steve3229vp on February 27, 2024, 08:25:59 AMNice to see 2104 on loan, mainly used on the FD service and also a short stint on the 28. I hope PB gets some if these in the future to replace those horrible Scanias
Have PB operated any of the newer single deck Volvos before in number? I have no idea if they have......
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Stu

Quote from: markcf83 on March 10, 2024, 05:04:27 PMHave PB operated any of the newer single deck Volvos before in number? I have no idea if they have......
No, to the best of my knowledge, PB, WB and YW are the only garages never to have had these. (And BY when it was open)

That may change in the near future though...
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Stu on March 10, 2024, 05:14:50 PMNo, to the best of my knowledge, PB, WB and YW are the only garages never to have had these. (And BY when it was open)

I hope so, I much prefer the Volvo's (from a passengers point of view).
What is more interesting is what will happen to the Scania double deckers ?

Stu

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 10, 2024, 05:49:37 PMWhat is more interesting is what will happen to the Scania double deckers ?

At 16 years old, they'll probably be scrapped, unless NX gets some kind of offer for them. I doubt they'd be transferred elsewhere.
My locals:

BBS

QuoteNo, to the best of my knowledge, PB, WB and YW are the only garages never to have had these. (And BY when it was open)

Yardley woods never had them, it was Acocks green who had them before
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Stu

Quote from: BBS on March 10, 2024, 06:47:32 PMYardley woods never had them, it was Acocks green who had them before
Have a read of what I posted again :rolleyes:
My locals:

Jack

Quote from: Stu on March 10, 2024, 05:14:50 PMNo, to the best of my knowledge, PB, WB and YW are the only garages never to have had these. (And BY when it was open)

Perry Barr have had them on loan a couple times in 2017. 2134 and 2148 were the ones from my remembrance.

They would be a suitable replacement for the Scania's when there time is up at PB.

cardew

Quote from: Stu on March 10, 2024, 05:58:12 PMAt 16 years old, they'll probably be scrapped, unless NX gets some kind of offer for them. I doubt they'd be transferred elsewhere.
Or being Euro6 could they see out their days at Walsall as cover for hydrogens?

Stu

Quote from: cardew on March 10, 2024, 08:12:17 PMOr being Euro6 could they see out their days at Walsall as cover for hydrogens?
Tony has previously stated that PB are having all their double-deck fleet replaced with new electrics, so there will be some Platinums and E400s that will be made use of. Probably unlikely that 5 vehicles of a type no other garage has operated would be deployed elsewhere.

It would depend on how long this hydrogen refuelling issue goes on for really.
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk