News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

First West of England

Started by Roy, July 26, 2014, 10:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markcf83

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on August 22, 2019, 10:33:37 PM
32099, or any of the Unibus branded ones on non Unibus routes is very common. This would be rare during the University term, but during summer break it is extremely normal.

I can vouch for this. I was in Bristol at the start of the month and saw several of the Bath uni buses on the 19.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

fleetline6477

Some rare workings seen today

Ex-Wyvern and Potteries Enviro 300 (pink fronted) 67642 VX 54 MRY operating on route 2
Volvo B7 Gemini 32548 SF 54 OSL operating on the Portway Park & Ride
Wright Streetlite 63073 SM 13 NBE on route 48A Centre - UWE Frenchay
Plaxton Dart (route 5 branded) 42865 WX 06 OMZ on route 178 Bristol - Midsomer Norton 

markcf83

Some news on the gas buses due here in Bristol. The first of them are due very soon if not already in the City. Fleet numbers 39481 to 39492 are allocated to the first examples and will be based temporarily at the CT Bus garage in Bedminster while the work to finish the gas station at Lawrence Hill is finished.

winston

Quote from: markcf83 on November 29, 2019, 08:06:08 PM
Some news on the gas buses due here in Bristol. The first of them are due very soon if not already in the City. Fleet numbers 39481 to 39492 are allocated to the first examples and will be based temporarily at the CT Bus garage in Bedminster while the work to finish the gas station at Lawrence Hill is finished.

There's more than that already arrived & currently being branded up, see posts #23727

https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/first-south-west-and-wales-discussion.60930/page-791#post-4312000

Roy

CBW has confirmed the allocation of the 77 gas buses for Bristol.  The m3 is being upgraded to use two-door biogas buses, while all the other buses are single door.  The 42-45 routes will be upgraded in January, followed by the T1, Y1, 6, 7, 17 and 73.  The buses on 42-45, 6-7 and 17 will have a red livery with Best Impressions branding.  Hopefully, this will see the end of the ancient hired-in buses that seem to spend more time littering Bristol's streets having broken down than actually running in service.
https://cbwmagazine.com/first-west-of-england-invests-in-77-new-gas-buses-for-bristol/

Roy

At least 3 of the dark red biogas buses for the 42-45 routes were parked in Lawrence Hill depot today.

markcf83

Ex Manchester Enviros 33836 and 33840 are now working from Bath and are on rail replacement duty in South Wales this afternoon.

winston

Quote from: markcf83 on December 28, 2019, 03:26:07 PM
Ex Manchester Enviros 33836 and 33840 are now working from Bath and are on rail replacement duty in South Wales this afternoon.

6 are already at First WOE in total 33835-40 according to Steve White, 33835/7/9 at Bristol, while 33836/8/40 are at Bath.

33831-40 & 57 are thought due in total

markcf83

Thanks for that Winston. I was half expecting the Bath Uni buses to be on it, but didn't see any of them unfortunately....

Roy

It appears that First West of England is making a lot of effort to get rid of the First corporate image by the increased introduction of local liveries and identities, the latest of which have reduced the size of the First logo to make it insignificant.  After the Excel (Bristol to North Somerset), Mendip Xplorer (Wells and district), Badgerline (Weston Town Services), Somerset Coaster (Open top to Sand Bay and Burnham), Bath City, Discover (West Wiltshire) and Lynx (Bristol to South Gloucestershire) local identities, the first of the new biogas buses received a plain dark red livery and brand Citylines East for services to Kingswood and Hanham.  Now a 3-tone blue livery will be introduced in April for Bristol to Bath services with brand name Aquae, while more plain coloured Citylines branded buses are imminent – yellow (routes 1 and 2), purple (routes 3 and 4), pale green (route 24) and Tilling green (route 73 using the last of the biogas buses).  The guess is that further Bristol city routes will get Citylines branding in different colours.
EDIT : It has also been announced that route 126 (Weston-Cheddar-Wells) will be branded "The Strawberry Line" after the old railway branch from Yatton to Witham that the bus route follows for much of its journey.

Roy

First West of England are reducing Monday to Friday services to Saturday levels from next week in response to the Coronavirus crisis.
https://www.firstgroup.com/bristol-bath-and-west/news-and-service-updates/news/first-west-england-responds-governments-stay

WyreForestShuttle

A First Bristol driver based at Lawrence Hill has passed away after contracting the virus. I am sure all at First Worcester & WM Bus Forum members thoughts and sympathy are with his family

markcf83

Steve White's excellent website tells that the Streetlites which Leicester got from Sheffield are due for Bristol. Two have moved and the others are due to follow suit.

Trident 4609

Quote from: markcf83 on June 12, 2020, 06:53:05 PM
Steve White's excellent website tells that the Streetlites which Leicester got from Sheffield are due for Bristol. Two have moved and the others are due to follow suit.

I assume you mean Streetdeck's? ;)

I've seen a photo online of two parked up at Hengrove. Visible in shot is a line up of freshly repainted Volvo B9TL/Wright Eclipse Gemini's in an allover bright green livery for the 24 service (Southmead Hospital-Ashton Vale). The ex Bath 3775*/3776*'s displaced off the 39/X39 service (Bristol to Bath) i believe.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk