News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Most Impressive Bus Maneuverability

Started by GeminiFan1991, July 16, 2015, 04:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminiFan1991

The title probably isn't the best although I find I'm often impressed how buses particular double decker buses negotiate roads with ease. I used to think drivers would have their eyes stuck to the mirrors whilst performing the feats although from I've seen they make it look easy so I thought I'll compile a thread which dedicates the maneuverability of the bus !

I used to think the High Street Deritend --> Heath Mill Lane (97/A) was impressive before seeing AG's Geminis in action in Hall Green and Gospel Oak (5/31)

Anyone got anything better ?! Feel free to share.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

karl724223

Weaving in and out of parked cars on 222 route

AV4248

I'd probably add the 53 route to this aswell.

GeminiFan1991

I also think the 37 entering and leaving Olton Station deserves a mention, talk about tight corning.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Liberator9

Few contenders for this  :)

When NX ran the 40C, there was a tight island to navigate round outside the cricket club - had to leave the island at the third exit. Really tight for a B6, let alone the usual B10Ls used on the route, or the occasional Wright Eclipse Urban 2!

The 27 and 76 have a fairly tight right turn into Avenue Road, off Vicarage Road in the westbound direction; even worse is when the 11A and 35 rarely have to go on diversion to avoid Kings Heath High Street (e.g closed High Street due to crash etc.) . They have to turn left into Avenue Road from Vicarage which is a real tight one with bollards in the middle of the road entrance, and metal poles on the pavement! No room for error otherwise it's a dented side.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk