News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedric

I have no more information on this
diamond 8\10/125/292

Solo1

Spoke to someone from whittle today he
didn't know any think about the deckers

nitromatt1

Does anybody know what Whittle's single fares are on local services?

StourportSam

Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 22, 2013, 10:55:55 PM

I'm not sure if this helps but to cover the whole Wyre Forest area i.e. Stourport Bewdley and Kidderminster a day ticket costs £2.30

They can probably help you on 01562 820002

nitromatt1

Quote from: StourportSam on May 23, 2013, 02:42:19 PM

I'm not sure if this helps but to cover the whole Wyre Forest area i.e. Stourport Bewdley and Kidderminster a day ticket costs £2.30

Thanks - is that child or adult rate?

John

Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 23, 2013, 04:59:02 PM

Pick up a whittles guide from Stourbridge Bus Station. I am sure they have the prices for all tickets in there. I will try to find mine and post prices.

StourportSam

Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 23, 2013, 04:59:02 PM

Adult rate.
I don't know what the child price is but there is also a ticket for people aged 16-19 and students at £1.30, valid same as above.

There is also an option for a Wyre Forest + 192 to Halesowen ticket, I believe this costs around £3/4.

Unlimited travel on all Whittle services costs £6.50 I think adult or £4.50 16-19, can't remember child prices.

Hope this helps.

As an example a single from Areley Kings to Stourport is around £1.20 and single Stourport to Kidderminster about £2 - I think.
I only buy the 16-19 day ticket so am unfamiliar with other fares.

Of course as mentioned in other topics there is a Kidderminster Connecta ticket at £3 adult.
This gives unlimited travel in the Wyre Forest on ALL Whittle, Diamond, R&B, Woosh, Hollands services, etc. for a day.

s94

One of Whittle's Buses caught fire yesterday -> http://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/news/10516152.Bus_on_fire_in_Hagley/?ref=mr

It wasnt one of their Mercs like PE is it? Lol.

Cedric

Quote from: s94 on June 29, 2013, 12:23:32 PM
One of Whittle's Buses caught fire yesterday -> http://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/news/10516152.Bus_on_fire_in_Hagley/?ref=mr

nothing with PE  in there fleetlist  here is link  to fleetlist on there site   http://www.whittlecoach.co.uk/fleet.asp
diamond 8\10/125/292

Stu

Quote from: bewminster on June 29, 2013, 12:37:52 PM

nothing with PE  in there fleetlist  here is link  to fleetlist on there site   http://www.whittlecoach.co.uk/fleet.asp

He meant NXWM's PE (Pensnett) garage, who've had a few Mercs catching fire too.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

s94

Quote from: bewminster on June 29, 2013, 12:37:52 PM

No I know that, I meant Whittles have Mercs like Pensnett garage for NXWM.

D10

As per the Network West Midlands and Staffs CC Service Changes pages, a Sunday service will operate on the 125 during the main Summer School Holidays.  :)

Not sure if this is a Commercial development of subsidised by one or more of the local authorities, but well done whoever thought of this, hopefully it will be well used and perhaps can continue on other Sundays too.

Particularly useful for providing links to Kidderminster and Bewdley. For the latter town it will restore Sunday bus services if only for a limited time.

Cedric

Quote from: D10 on June 29, 2013, 09:21:45 PM
As per the Network West Midlands and Staffs CC Service Changes pages, a Sunday service will operate on the 125 during the main Summer School Holidays.  :)

Not sure if this is a Commercial development of subsidised by one or more of the local authorities, but well done whoever thought of this, hopefully it will be well used and perhaps can continue on other Sundays too.

Particularly useful for providing links to Kidderminster and Bewdley. For the latter town it will restore Sunday bus services if only for a limited time.
just looked at WCC website   for  the times  it looks more  like  a  leisure service for people from Stourbridge  to get to  Kidderminster or bewdley  for a couple of hours or to go on to bridgnorth following the severn valley     
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

taken from wwc website july 28th start
Service 125 (Whittle Coach & Bus)
Stourbridge – Kidderminster – Bewdley - Bridgnorth
A commercial service will be introduced of three journeys per day on Sundays for the school
summer holiday period, until 8th September 2013.
No service on Late Summer Bank Holiday Monday and no change to the Monday to Saturday
service.
diamond 8\10/125/292

nitromatt1

Quote from: bewminster on July 01, 2013, 02:34:14 PM

taken from wwc website july 28th start
Service 125 (Whittle Coach & Bus)
Stourbridge – Kidderminster – Bewdley - Bridgnorth
A commercial service will be introduced of three journeys per day on Sundays for the school
summer holiday period, until 8th September 2013.
No service on Late Summer Bank Holiday Monday and no change to the Monday to Saturday
service.

Kidderminster - Bridgnorth section competing with the SVR? ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk