News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StourportSam

Quote from: dannygill on March 20, 2013, 12:56:52 PM
I think one of the things to kill off first in Kidderminster was the cost of there fares. I personally really hope diamond do well in Kidderminster but they must change there fares.....
my journey was the 292 to Kidderminster £3.70 then the 125 Kidderminster to Stourbridge £1.90 and shocking is that the journey length was about the same on both routes.
the fares really need to change to encourage people to use public transport!

Totally agree. On Whittles it costs me £1.30 for a 16-19 day ticket that's valid throughout Stourport, Bewdley and Kidderminster.
The equivalent on Diamond would cost me £2.60 per day.

It's a no brainer for me!

(Plus the Whittle 192 goes closer to where I need to be)

Cedric

Quote from: StourportSam on February 28, 2013, 10:41:59 PM
Quote from: Solo1 on February 28, 2013, 09:37:53 PM
Is the MPD from Valley Travel W reg'd one now painted into fleet livery & does it do the 192 or 125 service?

W694 EOP has been in Whittle livery since at least December and so far I have seen it on the 1/3/15 services in Kidderminster

Not sure about the 192 or 125 as they tend to be larger vehicles but its not uncommon to see an MPD either!
yes seen it on both  125/192  in the last few days
diamond 8\10/125/292

Tony

Whittles is the latest operator I have got up to the standard I want all the pages to be eventually with all my photos I have since 2005 now on an full vehicle histories (except on the 3 vehicles I don't have photos of yet)
http://wmbusphotos.com/Whittle/fleetlist.html
Any error or correction please report via the Bugs & errors

JackC

152 looks rather interesting now with the new headlights and clear indicator covers. Still debating whether I like it or not.

Cedric

Quote from: Tony on April 04, 2013, 08:42:21 PM
Whittles is the latest operator I have got up to the standard I want all the pages to be eventually with all my photos I have since 2005 now on an full vehicle histories (except on the 3 vehicles I don't have photos of yet)
which  do you not have tony  lf I can will try and get them for you
diamond 8\10/125/292

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: bewminster on April 04, 2013, 11:04:36 PM
Quote from: Tony on April 04, 2013, 08:42:21 PM
which do you not have tony lf I can will try and get them for you

According to the fleetlist, its 21, 83 and 418.

Cedric

there  lease  is up soon  and  deckers  acquired  by eyms  some are suppose to be coming here
diamond 8\10/125/292

Ash

Competition is expecting from the likes of Whittle and not always a bad thing but as I'm guessing Rotala is the larger group if they really wanted to increase and turn up the competition on Whittle's they could, but it's similar in the west midlands on most of diamond's commercial services such as the 4 both NXWM and diamond have made money out the of the service for years and the rivalry has not been tense for a few years since Pete's Travel days. 

Cedric

place being considered by  eyms management could hold up to 70 vehicles
diamond 8\10/125/292

Solo1

Where r they thinking of moving somewhere in the town centre

winston

Quote from: Ash on May 04, 2013, 11:33:03 PM
Competition is expecting from the likes of Whittle and not always a bad thing but as I'm guessing Rotala is the larger group if they really wanted to increase and turn up the competition on Whittle's they could, but it's similar in the west midlands on most of diamond's commercial services such as the 4 both NXWM and diamond have made money out the of the service for years and the rivalry has not been tense for a few years since Pete's Travel days.

Rotala is the larger group, but not by that much. At present Rotala are probably the under dogs in Kidderminster owning the ex First operation, as Whittle's have built up a loyal following & already compete on most of Diamond's town routes

Cedric

Quote from: Solo1 on May 05, 2013, 05:40:48 PM
Where r they thinking of moving somewhere in the town centre
the senior managent of eyms  have been visting a site  very close in same area
diamond 8\10/125/292

Solo1

Has whittles 2 yards as the the yard I've seen
looks small

Cedric

Quote from: Solo1 on May 06, 2013, 10:47:56 AM
Has whittles 2 yards as the the yard I've seen
looks small
the place being looked at is  by the recycling plant(might be within) that can be seen  from the current yard.
nothing 1005 yet
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Do you have any more information at the moment please Bewminster? Double Deckers sound exciting...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk