News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamwilljh92

I know bewminster this is the thing it says "on-loan" but it's more likely indefinite for both vehicles tbh

Cedric

Quote from: Will on October 27, 2013, 03:52:59 PM
I know bewminster this is the thing it says "on-loan" but it's more likely indefinite for both vehicles tbh
think the mini bus might be on extend loan while the work on the Queensway in Bewdley is taking  place  which is as  you are most likely aware is part of the 2a  route  as that is all I have seen it work  . and  think  as for 309 it might be a short term loan
diamond 8\10/125/292

nitromatt1

Quote from: John on October 27, 2013, 03:21:49 PM
Quote from: Will on October 27, 2013, 03:12:54 PM
What's the crack with the EYMS buses (namely YX51 MUO and W409 JAT respectively) are they staying or are they going back up to Yorkshire? They're obviously both still here (with W409 JAT doing the 125 run to Bridgnorth the other day I saw it) seems to me that they're going nowhere but I'm not entirely 100% sure what do we think here to stay or departing?

'W409 JAT' was on the 192 yesterday, strange sight in Halesowen!

It seems to be on the 192 most days, still looks odd to me though

StourportSam

Quote from: nitromatt1 on October 27, 2013, 07:56:36 PM
What's the crack with the EYMS buses (namely YX51 MUO and W409 JAT respectively) are they staying or are they going back up to Yorkshire? They're obviously both still here (with W409 JAT doing the 125 run to Bridgnorth the other day I saw it) seems to me that they're going nowhere but I'm not entirely 100% sure what do we think here to stay or departing?

W409 JAT is usually on the 192
YX51 is usually on the 2A

This is the case most days I've seen, but I have seem them both on the 3 before now.

W409 JAT is here after the vehicle fire which left Whittle one vehicle short for their operations I believe. I presume it was either a case of sending down what EYMS could spare OR a sign on things to come fleetwise once vehicles are released from Finglands.

YX51 has now been de-branded from EY markings and according to what Bewminster has said previously is destined to be used as the 'staff facilities' in Kidderminster bus station, which is currently done by a converted transit van. It does not appear to be needed back in Yorkshire due to its step access. I too like Bewminster thought it was seeing so much use on the 2A because of the roadworks in Wribbenhall. Those roads are bumpy at the best of times anyway.

I think Whittles need at least one more bus to cover their needs still. A driver I spoke to told me they were short of buses, he was driving a coach on service 3 at the time... :)

Cedric

Quote from: StourportSam on October 28, 2013, 01:14:32 AM

This is the case most days I've seen, but I have seem them both on the 3 before now.

W409 JAT is here after the vehicle fire which left Whittle one vehicle short for their operations I believe. I presume it was either a case of sending down what EYMS could spare OR a sign on things to come fleetwise once vehicles are released from Finglands.

YX51 has now been de-branded from EY markings and according to what Bewminster has said previously is destined to be used as the 'staff facilities' in Kidderminster bus station, which is currently done by a converted transit van. It does not appear to be needed back in Yorkshire due to its step access. I too like Bewminster thought it was seeing so much use on the 2A because of the roadworks in Wribbenhall. Those roads are bumpy at the best of times anyway.

I think Whittles need at least one more bus to cover their needs still. A driver I spoke to told me they were short of buses, he was driving a coach on service 3 at the time... :)
what I said about 418 was true at the time it came down as I  am a good friend with the person from the company took the driver up to Yorkshire and bring it  back down here . but  do not know what they have planed  for it now , and not seen my friend for a long  time to ask  him
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

Quote from: nitromatt1 on September 24, 2013, 11:06:49 PM
Is 153 (V429 DNB) still with Whittles?

I haven't seen it on the 192 in ages.
saw my friend from whittles tonight and askd him about 152/53 that have both  been scraped    l
diamond 8\10/125/292

iamwilljh92

Excellent piece of info that now Tony can officiallt mark them as having left the fleet.

Cedric

Quote from: StourportSam on October 28, 2013, 01:14:32 AM

both the vehicle in eyms livery are only on loan and due to go back . 418 is of the road due to  engine trouble,   not sure when . some more buses are due can not say when or where from yet
diamond 8\10/125/292

Stuharris 6360

Saw an advert today for bus drivers for Whittles, interestingly it said it is to cover shifts Monday to Daturday days, although this may change due to company requirements.

Are Whittles looking to start evening/Sunday services?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Cedric

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 03, 2013, 12:50:53 PM
Saw an advert today for bus drivers for Whittles, interestingly it said it is to cover shifts Monday to Daturday days, although this may change due to company requirements.

or even maybe on more local routes  in there operating area which is not just in kidderminster area
in the same advert  It also sais for coach drivers for  there own type of work   & for  national express  coach drivers   
think we will have to watch this space.   ??
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

The people of Kiddiminster want services to run later in the evening & Sunday's, I'd have thought that might come out in the Kiddiminster review.

Aren't Whittle's a bit limited for spare depot space?

iamwilljh92

Hmmmm sounds intriguing perhaps they will start doing 125 Kidder - Bridgnorth again like they were doing in the summer

Cedric

Quote from: Winston on November 03, 2013, 01:25:28 PM

The people of Kiddiminster want services to run later in the evening & Sunday's, I'd have thought that might come out in the Kiddiminster review.

think they are looking around  as before the fire at the recycling plant they where looking  at   spare space there
diamond 8\10/125/292

PM

Quote from: Winston on November 03, 2013, 01:25:28 PM

This is what diamond are going to provide I imagine and Whittles also want to up their game. Nothing against whittles but their network is hardly comprehensive and the buses never seem particularly well presented. I think whittles managed to expand because first gave up-diamond certainly have not given up and I think they could give whittles a big run for their money, after all many of whittles routes are tendered or replicate diamond routes

iamwilljh92

Yh that's all very well but I can't see Whittle's giving up ANY of they're routes to Diamond  for example Whittles have been doing the 125 since at least the 1970s I can't see them giving that up with out a fight

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk