News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Centrebus

Started by Bruce_LOA400X, September 30, 2012, 11:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce_LOA400X

wish to set this up as a thread for all thinkgs centrebus related.

It's strange how they have not got their own forum section, although I could understand given that the forum and site are WM based.

Centrebus have come on in leaps and bounds recently, they have expanded a lot, increased capacity on several services and have also tried their best to go all low floor. 96% of the Leicester and Hinckley fleet is low floor alone.

they seem to be tight on buses and several fleet movements have taken place, especially with Ex kimes vehicles being drafted into other areas.

out of the recent transfers the most interested in the transfer of two DAF/Paladins one of which is PAZ9346
Transport campaigner and Avid transport enthusiast

Badger

My bus to University for three years was the Centrebus "Hospital Hopper". All around a very pleasant experience. Nice buses (Plaxton Centro, and Scanias that I presume were intended for NX:WM as they have identical interiors) and drivers that wave to you in the street when they recognise you. I would be happy to see them in the West Midlands at some point.
My local's the 3 and 63.
Casual bus user. Doesn't know much other than some buses look nicer than others.
Contractual web developer, self employed game designer/programmer, Wolverhampton bjorn and bread.

D10

Would have thought perhaps that First Northampton would fit in nicely with Centrebus' current operations?

Bruce_LOA400X

Quote from: Badger on October 01, 2012, 04:01:06 PM
My bus to University for three years was the Centrebus "Hospital Hopper". All around a very pleasant experience. Nice buses (Plaxton Centro, and Scanias that I presume were intended for NX:WM as they have identical interiors) and drivers that wave to you in the street when they recognise you. I would be happy to see them in the West Midlands at some point.

Ahh yes the HH has a very good reputation in Leicester and is well used too. the only downside that I find (as do many locals) is that it is exempt from the Leicester Flexi day ticket (multi oprator use ticket) as the HH is funded by the local NHS trust and therefore Centrebus have to apply a different struturing to the fares. The more I look into things the more I understand it.

If those guys got into in the West Mids they would do great!! at the moment though they just had a huge wave of unexpected growth so everything is mega tight for a month or two, they should be alright after Xmas.

Quote from: D10 on October 01, 2012, 09:47:49 PM
Would have thought perhaps that First Northampton would fit in nicely with Centrebus' current operations?

I have had this discussion with Centrebus.

As much as I am a campaigner for Leicestershire, When I heard about Northampton, I got onto Centrebus nearly straight away. Of course, the biggest concern for me was the loss of jobs and also the lack of a coherent public transport system in a major city.

Centrebus have an awkward position, they have said that the local councils there are hard to negotiate with and they also have certain conditions within some tendered stuff that the company isn't keen on (that's the short and 'safe' version I can publish). Centrebus have also said they will act on a wait and see basis, they will take the action that they think will be best for them when the time comes. Basically, it seems that all the companies surrounding Northampton are hanging back. I can see first just deregistering the routes and throttling back, then possibly sell off a couple of routes, a few buses and the depot/yard in one small package to an operator whos interested. Of course it will be tight anyway because of the Competition Commission 

Bruce_LOA400X

Centrebus Solo 350 was in Hinckley and left for leeds two days ago, this was for cover whilst solo 274 was away for repaint.

Double Deckers now on the 302 in the morning and evening rush hours at some point to control timing issues which they had on the 54. I don't quite know what they have done myself but they say it works and I agree, it seems to!

Ex kimes DAF paladins still floating about, normally on Inner circle but sometimes still make it to the 54A at times.

Scania 931 (H231LOM) is still in the fleet and is the last original Centrebus vehicle really left in the fleet I believe, no indications of disposal for a while to come.

Bruce_LOA400X

Centrebus Leicester now have a Wright Streetlite Demonstrator on loan as well as an optare demonstrator as well, from what gen I have.

I will try and define the Registration numbers.

Bruce_LOA400X

It has been confirmed that Centrebus will be operating all of Leicester's park and ride services from Maynell's Gorse, Birstall and Enderby from the 28th January 2012.

they will be taking over the contract from Roberts who inherited it from Paul James Coaches/Veolia.

John

Noticed today that OmniLink 'YT09 FMF' has exactly the same interior as NX examples (1848 onwards)

Identical, down to trim, Moquette, seat backs, handrails
You can see it slightly here
https://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/14200319655

BK63 YWP

Swear diamonds got one
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Cheese

Quote from: Chris on October 04, 2015, 02:01:43 PM
Swear diamonds got one

Don't think Diamond has any M710SE machines, they do look like they came free in a box of cornflakes though! Merseyside is a good place to find these, HTL have (or did have) quite a few and Cumfybus have got a number of the later SR examples but which are still rather short. Quite a few knocking about in SPT land also.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Cheese on October 04, 2015, 03:29:00 PM
Don't think Diamond has any M710SE machines, they do look like they came free in a box of cornflakes though! Merseyside is a good place to find these, HTL have (or did have) quite a few and Cumfybus have got a number of the later SR examples but which are still rather short. Quite a few knocking about in SPT land also.

20913? I must of saw that one. Looked smaller than the other solos diamond has

X10 Gornal Wood

winston

Quote from: Chris on October 04, 2015, 03:34:35 PM
20913? I must of saw that one. Looked smaller than the other solos diamond has

There's this one recently tranferredup from Bristol to Tividale which is a M780SE example
http://wmbusphotos.com/centralConnect/20010.html

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Winston on October 04, 2015, 03:43:46 PM
There's this one recently tranferredup from Bristol to Tividale which is a M780SE example
http://wmbusphotos.com/centralConnect/20010.html

Ah i see, i saw on walsalls ring way as i crossed it on the 4M yesterday it looked alot smaller than the solos that do the 226 sometimes

X10 Gornal Wood

Adam 404

Thanks everyone :) I personally hadn't seen such short ones before!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk