News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

ATG, igo and Ring & Ride

Started by vinh1000, September 29, 2012, 05:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busboy105

Hmmmm... ok. Kind of sad what happened to Igo they were a decent bus company. I expected Rotala to take over since they've taken over half the bus companies in the West Midlands. :D

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Nathan on September 14, 2019, 08:21:31 PM
Many of them were leased so returned to their leasing companies. Some have since been leased out or purchased by other operators.

Indeed. I know some of the YD63 Solos passed to Brylaine Travel, Lincs, and some of the YJ67s passed to Ross Travel, Yorkshire. One of the Tridents (maybe both) was scrapped, and the Metrocitys were being advertised for sale in Coach&Bus Week

Tony

Looks like ATG might have got into trouble with the TC if it had not gone into administration judging by this ruling that an operator cannot have both an O-license and section 19/22 permits

https://www.busandcoachbuyer.com/tc-s19-and-o-licences-dont-mix/

igogeneral

The "O" licences were operated by igo which was separated from the other arms of ATG (Group). This is much the same way as HCT do or did operate as I understand it. As a point of interest PD1129 O licence has been in the hands of WMSNT, later ATG (Group) since at least 1990 where 10 discs were awarded in order to operate larger vehicles on registered services in Walsall, Wolverhampton, Birmingham and Coventry. The fact that NatEx has now had to operate all vehicles under "O" licences will put heavy financial restrictions on the services operated, especially Ring and Ride, in the future which will be interesting to observe short to long term. I sincerely hope all goes well with future TfWM funding.

Tony

All nine full size buses remaining at the end of operations have now been fully purchased by NX (323-7, 729/730, 800 & 1744).

327, 729, 730 & 1744 at least are likely to see use with NX

CL

former igo YJ67 FYU with Ross Travel - retaining its old livery, save for the red stripe, which is now blue

https://flic.kr/p/2hrHfm2
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

metrocity

winston

Busboy105

Quote from: Winston on October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 PM
Where's NEAT moving in to instead then?
They're probably going to split the fleet into different garages.

midlandred2003

Best of luck with that trying to squeeze 400 plus mini buses into the remaining depots?

Busboy105

Quote from: midlandred2003 on October 19, 2019, 07:47:14 PM
Best of luck with that trying to squeeze 400 plus mini buses into the remaining depots?
Is Lea Hall and Hockley still about? I know they've closed down but it can renovated and open again for these minibuses.

broma1k

Passed Lea Hall the other day & it is up for sale

D10

Quote from: Busboy105 on October 19, 2019, 09:37:47 PM
Is Lea Hall and Hockley still about? I know they've closed down but it can renovated and open again for these minibuses.

Both of these garages are no longer owned by NX, and Hockley is now a Banqueting and Conference centre.

Busboy105

Quote from: D10 on October 20, 2019, 09:09:45 PM
Both of these garages are no longer owned by NX, and Hockley is now a Banqueting and Conference centre.
Wait Bingley Hall used to be Hockley Garage? The more you know.

D10

Quote from: Busboy105 on October 20, 2019, 09:30:06 PM
Wait Bingley Hall used to be Hockley Garage? The more you know.

Yes, the New Bingley Hall is the old Hockley garage!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk