News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

ATG, igo and Ring & Ride

Started by vinh1000, September 29, 2012, 05:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: D10 on October 20, 2019, 09:09:45 PM
Both of these garages are no longer owned by NX, and Hockley is now a Banqueting and Conference centre.

Is that a similar sort of thing to what the old Bingo Hall is at Tower Hill (Walsall Road)?

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on October 21, 2019, 12:45:58 PM
Is that a similar sort of thing to what the old Bingo Hall is at Tower Hill (Walsall Road)?

Almost. The Tower Hill venue is/was a bingo hall. The Hockley site was purpose built.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Stu

Quote from: Winston on October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 PM
Where's NEAT moving in to instead then?

I wonder if there's the possibility that NX might look to rent part/most of the building off the new owners?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

busfan2847

Quote from: Westy on October 21, 2019, 12:45:58 PM

As with may bingo halls the one at Tower Hill was built as a cinema for, and operated by, Sydney W. Clift's small independent Clifton Cinemas circuit. It was opened on 21st February 1938. It closed on 10th November 1979. It was converted into a bingo club, which continued as a Gala Bingo Club until closing in June 2008. It was converted into a Chinese restaurant, but this closed by 2011. Despite an arson attack in the early hours of 6th January 2012, it has been rebuilt as a banqueting hall which opened I believe in 2016.

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

CL

A few ex-igo Metrocitys have cropped up in Nottingham -  only on loan though, as the captions suggest

(not my photos)
https://flic.kr/p/2ixZ1RH
https://flic.kr/p/2ixZ1Mu
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Solo1

Quote from: Busboy105 on September 14, 2019, 03:38:51 PM
Does anyone know where the igo buses are now? Are they still at their respective depots or have they been sold off to other bus companies?
3 envrio's are with travel express based in Wolverhampton

Pat

Quote from: Solo1 on April 02, 2020, 08:27:51 AM
3 envrio's are with travel express based in Wolverhampton
Banga have solo sr YD63 UZY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk