News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

D&G Bus

Started by arrivaaston, September 14, 2012, 11:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 06, 2020, 11:59:09 PM
Does anyone know where Ex D&G YG52EVY has ended up?
coastal liner based near Wolverhampton

Solo1

Sad news today. It was announced late last night that one of the former owners and founders of D&G Bus David Reeves, had passed away after suffering a heart attack.

I have known David for many years, and have always found him to be a complete Gentleman. It's not that long since he sold his part in D&G. He will be sadly missed.  This is from a post on Facebook

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. R.I.P David.

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on May 12, 2020, 08:22:29 PM
Sad news today. It was announced late last night that one of the former owners and founders of D&G Bus David Reeves, had passed away after suffering a heart attack.

I have known David for many years, and have always found him to be a complete Gentleman. It's not that long since he sold his part in D&G. He will be sadly missed.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. R.I.P David.

You didn't know him?

Solo1

I KNow i didnt know him but other on here might & they might not be on facebook

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on May 12, 2020, 08:52:16 PM
I KNow i didnt know him but other on here might & they might not be on facebook

So why have you that you knew him for several years

winston

Quote from: Tony on May 12, 2020, 10:05:22 PM
So why have you that you knew him for several years

He's most likely just copied someone else's post that did know him off Facebook.

David didn't get much of a retirement....

Solo1

copied from facebook page ukbuses&trains site i found it on

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on May 12, 2020, 10:41:24 PM

Perhaps it would be a good idea to say it was a quote, note post it like you were good friends with him

Solo1

Quote from: Tony on May 13, 2020, 07:59:29 AM
Perhaps it would be a good idea to say it was a quote, note post it like you were good friends with him
I have updated it

Stu

Quote from: Solo1 on May 12, 2020, 10:41:24 PM

It is considered 'good practice' and good forum etiquette that if you are going to copy and paste material from elsewhere, to provide a link and make clear that the text is taken from elsewhere.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Solo1

Info on Facebook. D&G bus Fleet No10  is to have David Reeves on it

l.murphy123

Does the 841 not serve Great Haywood anymore or is this temporary? They have a good link now from Arriva now that it does the full loop, used to visit my mate and had to walk to Little Haywood to catch the 825 late.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Bus Man K2

Quote from: l.murphy123 on May 16, 2020, 11:44:53 AM
Does the 841 not serve Great Haywood anymore or is this temporary? They have a good link now from Arriva now that it does the full loop, used to visit my mate and had to walk to Little Haywood to catch the 825 late.

Hi @I.murphy123

yes it doesn't serve Great Haywood anymore.
I think it's a perminant change. this came into force I think in Sept 19 or may be it was April 19.

Regards

Bus Man K2

Cheese

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on May 16, 2020, 11:54:22 AM
Hi @I.murphy123

yes it doesn't serve Great Haywood anymore.
I think it's a perminant change. this came into force I think in Sept 19 or may be it was April 19.

Regards

Bus Man K2

It was April 2019 when the contract changed and the route was altered so didn't serve Great Haywood.

Grinder

Staffordshire CC in their wisdom resurfaced the road under the bridges at Little Haywood which stopped the Arriva buses getting under them.  Arriva then re-routed the 825 from the Wolsey Bridge junction along the A51 to the top end of Great Haywood and then down through Gt Haywood, Little Haywood and Colwich to rejoin the A51 to Rugeley.  At the same time they reduced the frequency to hourly and introduced an 826 service that missed out the loop and went straight from Wolsey Bridge to Rugeley.
It was at this time that D & G re-routed their 841 to miss out Tixall and Great Haywood which now goes straight to Weston via the Tixall Road in Stafford and the new estates in that area.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk