News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond - Wright Cadet

Started by MW, April 09, 2012, 10:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Looking on the Volant PSV website, I've come across the following photographs, of the Diamond Cadet repair. Thought it may be of interest to someone.

Before: http://volantpvs.co.uk/show_image/1326210790/360.JPG?smart_resize_image=0

After: http://volantpvs.co.uk/show_image/1327075855/360.JPG?smart_resize_image=0

Ash

I was wondering why this bus had a recent repaint now I know, so thanks for pics, also does anybody know wats happened to 203,208 ( did these get repaired) and 217 ( havent seen for a while) also was there ever a bus with the fleet number 215.

Liberator9

I was looking at that last night but couldn't get the photos, thanks! Really they show what NXWM could do with their Wright Crusaders and how much smarter they could be!

jc

There was never a 215 ...

208 was written off if im not mistaken?

Tony

Quote from: Ash on April 09, 2012, 11:12:07 PM
I was wondering why this bus had a recent repaint now I know, so thanks for pics, also does anybody know wats happened to 203,208 ( did these get repaired) and 217 ( havent seen for a while) also was there ever a bus with the fleet number 215.
Never a 215, 217 was in service on the 404 on Saturday

Tony

Quote from: Liberator9 on April 10, 2012, 08:33:06 AM
I was looking at that last night but couldn't get the photos, thanks! Really they show what NXWM could do with their Wright Crusaders and how much smarter they could be!

No it doesn't! - These are much newer and don't have a chassis with 15 years of rot on it

Liberator9

Oh of course, they have the rot.

Yeah I agree, even the 314** crusaders are nicer than NXWMs, they make a nice sound, and they're pretty fast

Quote from: Liberator9 on April 10, 2012, 08:33:06 AM

Ash

Most of them have been refurbed they could just need to be repainted into black diamond livery and they will look quite new.

arrifirststage

Please ,please don't paint anything else into black diamond livery,it already looks like a fleet of hearses.
Can no one think of a bright,cheerful livery,that might encourage people to notice buses?

richie

the way black diamond are going they will all be in arriva green soon

Ash

Quote from: richie on April 19, 2012, 10:55:58 AM

How do you mean the 'the way black diamond is going' because they have lost contracts doesn't automatically mean the business is not doing well perhaps they want to streamline operations and this also gives them a chance to withdraw older vehicles and decrease their average fleet age, unless you know more information?

I agree, they do stil have some successful routes, do you know anymore? That would be quite interesting

Quote from: Ash on April 19, 2012, 06:25:21 PM

How do you mean the 'the way black diamond is going' because they have lost contracts doesn't automatically mean the business is not doing well perhaps they want to streamline operations and this also gives them a chance to withdraw older vehicles and decrease their average fleet age, unless you know more information?

MW

Arriva Green? Blue surely.

PM

Diamond are doing absolutely fine. Rotalas profits are up, there has been investment and rationalisation-remember the lastest losses of work-only 14 buses so hardly much anyway-will not really worry diamond as although arriva got the contracts, they probably make most money on commercial services such as the 56. Yes, I definitely think the diamond business needs to be rationalised-keep unique routes that only they run that are commercial, keep Black Country routes-good, solid performers, keep good competing services in birmingham eg. the 50/16 and scrap useless ones like the 37. Invest on commercial unique routes eg. 56 and signature routes to name just two of many examples and do a bit of tendered work IF AND ONLY IF it can bring in profits.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk