News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Overall adverts

Started by Tony, November 20, 2023, 12:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

PB 4801 now has a new overall advert on for KFC

4908 & 4946 will get similar ones applied over the next couple of days

PB50

I've noticed none of the Walsall buses get any overall adverts just the back end of them. I do like seeing overall adverts on buses.

Tony

Quote from: PB50 on November 20, 2023, 06:27:09 PMI've noticed none of the Walsall buses get any overall adverts just the back end of them. I do like seeing overall adverts on buses.
Adverts go where the advertising company request them.

EK40

Quote from: PB50 on November 20, 2023, 06:27:09 PMI've noticed none of the Walsall buses get any overall adverts just the back end of them. I do like seeing overall adverts on buses.
id guess because the advertising companies want buses that spend most of their time in the city, hence PB and BC since all their routes get into the city where all the people are, while WA basically all their city routes are served by platinums which dont get all-over ads.

Quote from: EK40 on November 20, 2023, 07:02:36 PMid guess because the advertising companies want buses that spend most of their time in the city, hence PB and BC since all their routes get into the city where all the people are, while WA basically all their city routes are served by platinums which dont get all-over ads.
Fair point but it all seems one sided into city nothing Black Country end i.e Hagley Rd corridor, Soho Rd corridor ect.
Back in the days Hockley garage was ideal it covered every angle into city.

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on November 20, 2023, 12:14:51 PMPB 4801 now has a new overall advert on for KFC

4908 & 4946 will get similar ones applied over the next couple of days
I noticed that for the previous EE adverts applied to 4801 and 4908, 4801 had the wrap applied to its front end so it was the base colour of the advert (turquoise) but 4908 didn't and still retained its red front end.

I can't remember prior to this the last time I saw an all over advert bus with the wrap applied to the front end. At what point did things change to keeping the front end in the base livery (advert buses years ago always included the front of the bus too) and what was the reasoning behind it? All-over adverts in London for instance tend to cover the whole bus, including the front.

When I saw 4801 on Gravelly Hill on one of the Sutton routes recently I mistook it from a distance for an Arriva 110.

Quote from: 979 on November 21, 2023, 03:52:04 PMFair point but it all seems one sided into city nothing Black Country end i.e Hagley Rd corridor, Soho Rd corridor ect.
Back in the days Hockley garage was ideal it covered every angle into city.
BC bus could be on the 61/63 or 24 one day maybe and 94/95 the next. So doesn't seem that one sided
And the PB on routes from North Birmingham as well.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Mike K

Quote from: EK40 on November 20, 2023, 07:02:36 PMid guess because the advertising companies want buses that spend most of their time in the city, hence PB and BC since all their routes get into the city where all the people are, while WA basically all their city routes are served by platinums which dont get all-over ads.
In addition to most of their routes serving Birmingham city centre, the likes of BC and PB also operate mainly high frequency corridors carrying very high passenger numbers where adverts will get a lot of exposure. Arguably more so than the majority of Black Country garage routes.

karl724223

Poor pensnett never get any good adverts 

LR55LTR

Quote from: karl724223 on November 21, 2023, 06:01:06 PMPoor pensnett never get any good adverts
I was a fan of the nourished one though that's the only one I liked

j789

Tony, does NX still ever receive requests by advertisers to cover a bus that then would move between garages over the course of the advertising contract for maximum exposure, perhaps spending a month at each garage?

I'm sure I remember seeing this mentioned in the past but guess this causes all sorts of additional headaches with vehicle allocation and type training, etc.

Tony

Quote from: j789 on November 21, 2023, 07:39:37 PMTony, does NX still ever receive requests by advertisers to cover a bus that then would move between garages over the course of the advertising contract for maximum exposure, perhaps spending a month at each garage?

I'm sure I remember seeing this mentioned in the past but guess this causes all sorts of additional headaches with vehicle allocation and type training, etc.
We haven't had a request like that for few years.

We did have an overall advert on a Trident for Nat West Bank a few years back and Nat West requested to hire the bus for events, but didn't tell us beforehand so wasn't applied to a tacho fitted one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk