News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Anyone else here on 'Viewpoint'?

Started by Stu, August 26, 2023, 07:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

A couple of months ago now, I received an invite from National Express to join their new 'Viewpoint' community.

Like with TfWM's failed attempt at a similar exercise, it is sold as an attempt to engage with customers.

I was expecting to take part in research and consultations about forthcoming bus service changes and suggestions on improvements to the bus network in general.

Disappointingly, and quite predictably, the 'exercises' presented so far have been little more than marketing surveys.

Anyone else here part of this? What do you think?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

I think I signed up for TfWM bus service change emails.

Don't recall ever seeing many, if any & certainly nothing since the pandemic.

mesub

Quote from: Stu on August 26, 2023, 07:39:56 PMA couple of months ago now, I received an invite from National Express to join their new 'Viewpoint' community.

Like with TfWM's failed attempt at a similar exercise, it is sold as an attempt to engage with customers.

I was expecting to take part in research and consultations about forthcoming bus service changes and suggestions on improvements to the bus network in general.

Disappointingly, and quite predictably, the 'exercises' presented so far have been little more than marketing surveys.

Anyone else here part of this? What do you think?

I am a Viewpoint panel member like you, and yes it does seem to be marketing surveys generally.

TfWM seem to have two different groups (which I'm both part of). There's a user focus testing group (for new designs and whatnot) but also a panel called "My TfWM Community", which is run with Mustard Research. This seems to be where the 'real deal' is. Just a few weeks ago some members of that community were invited to join an extended research discussion about the LTP and the six big moves which TfWM are planning to implement. It was quite involved but the payout in vouchers (to the tune of £70+) does make it worth it.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Stevo

£70? There are folks on this forum that would do the job for nothing...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk