News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Fare rise and ticket changes July 2023

Started by Ginger66, June 18, 2023, 08:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachvince53

With those tickets, you were always given a paper ticket I think so the driver would be responsible for excepting or declining a ticket.  

Stu

Used my NX DD Regional Travelcard for the first time on a non-NX bus today.

No issues on the Stagecoach 169 service, just tapped it and was accepted, flashed green on the reader.

Guess my backup Swift Go card is now effectively redundant. :laugh:

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Quote from: Stu on July 24, 2023, 01:21:26 PMUsed my NX DD Regional Travelcard for the first time on a non-NX bus today.

No issues on the Stagecoach 169 service, just tapped it and was accepted, flashed green on the reader.

Guess my backup Swift Go card is now effectively redundant. :laugh:

There's a fair few quid on my Swift Paygo.(Emergencies/Out Of Walsall use!)

(This was one of the ones given away as a freebie several years ago!)

Michael Bevan

I asked a revenue inspector who was checking tickets at Carl Street earlier if the nBus was still valid to Cannock, and even he shrugged his shoulders to say he doesn't know... 😂😂😂

Gareth

Recently I've noticed it's become more and more common for people to be asking for a daysaver and paying with a card and getting a paper ticket. A couple of questions. Why does this service need to be offered when you can just tap and cap? Or is that not available when using multi operator services?
Or is this the new way for would be future fare dodgers? Buy one ticket and use it all week!

Stu

Quote from: Gareth on July 24, 2023, 05:06:16 PMRecently I've noticed it's become more and more common for people to be asking for a daysaver and paying with a card and getting a paper ticket. A couple of questions. Why does this service need to be offered when you can just tap and cap? Or is that not available when using multi operator services?
Tap-and-cap with contactless cards/devices only works on individual operators' services.

Multi-operator tap-and-cap is only possible if using a Swift Go card.
My locals:

Westy

Quote from: Gareth on July 24, 2023, 05:06:16 PMRecently I've noticed it's become more and more common for people to be asking for a daysaver and paying with a card and getting a paper ticket. A couple of questions. Why does this service need to be offered when you can just tap and cap? Or is that not available when using multi operator services?
Or is this the new way for would be future fare dodgers? Buy one ticket and use it all week!
Don't know about the other operators,  but Nx have that name that changes every day on the ticket, so theoretically that shouldn't happen!

Gareth

Quote from: Westy on July 24, 2023, 05:33:34 PMDon't know about the other operators,  but Nx have that name that changes every day on the ticket, so theoretically that shouldn't happen!
You think a word that changes daily stops this? The date changes every day too. That doesn't stop it either. You really must be totally oblivious to what goes on on the buses.

Last time I went down the Pershore Road a large group of people boarded at the cricket ground and all wanted paper receipts for some reason.
Anyway if there weren't paper tickets they'll probably be waving their phone under the scanner pretending it doesn't scan or something. I'm sure it wouldn't stop them. On the same journey in the West Heath area the 45 stopped for 2 kids who walked straight on with no ticket at all or anything and then had a tantrum when asked to pay.

Also i'm sure certain types of tickets are probably only available with paper tickets group tickets, child tickets, etc as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on July 24, 2023, 07:09:57 PMLast time I went down the Pershore Road a large group of people boarded at the cricket ground and all wanted paper receipts for some reason.
Some people need paper tickets as receipts for claiming travel costs on 'expenses'.

Not just business people, my unemployed sister also told me before that she needs to provide bus tickets to get her travel costs for travelling to job interviews reimbursed by the Jobcentre.
My locals:

Westy

Quote from: Gareth on July 24, 2023, 07:03:40 PMYou think a word that changes daily stops this? The date changes every day too. That doesn't stop it either. You really must be totally oblivious to what goes on on the buses.
I did say 'Theorectically' !

markcf83

As a self confessed Luddite, I always demand a paper ticket, which is why I am livid about the plans to abolish the One Day Travelcard in London. Paper tickets are more reliable than card based ones in my opinion and, above all,they offer complete anonymous travel insofar as the ability to not be traced by the TfL guerillas.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Tony

Quote from: markcf83 on July 26, 2023, 08:34:03 PMAs a self confessed Luddite, I always demand a paper ticket, which is why I am livid about the plans to abolish the One Day Travelcard in London. Paper tickets are more reliable than card based ones in my opinion and, above all,they offer complete anonymous travel insofar as the ability to not be traced by the TfL guerillas.
I too am apalled by TfL abolishing the one day travelcard. It stops me using my senior railcard on services in London, But I do have anonymous Oyster cards for not being traced by them.

markcf83

Quote from: Tony on July 26, 2023, 08:53:33 PMI too am apalled by TfL abolishing the one day travelcard. It stops me using my senior railcard on services in London, But I do have anonymous Oyster cards for not being traced by them.
There MIGHT be a salvation-many Conservative MP's including at least ONE senior member of the Cabinet are flatly opposed to it being withdrawn. I can see this not going ahead-a bit like the expansion of ULEZ which cost Starmer the byelection in Uxbridge.   
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Westy

Don't know if Ive missed this or not, but is it right the £2.50 returns on Wa 31/32 have gone as well? 

Thats what a driver told my brother the other day.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk