News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Route Branding Over the Years...

Started by cvbususer, February 04, 2023, 12:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cvbususer

I was wondering what the current NX position is on route branding across its wider network, but specifically in Coventry. 

With a new, totally unified fleet, the advantage of not needing to allocate buses for specific routes (based the lack of route branding) must be quite noticeable. And, with basically the entire fleet set to be identical BYD DD's, I guess this simplification advantage stretches even further.

Have route branding exercises in the past helped to noticeably increase passenger numbers/accessibility, and if so can we expect this to return to Coventry in future? 

Danthebusman

Quote from: cvbususer on February 04, 2023, 12:32:17 PMI was wondering what the current NX position is on route branding across its wider network, but specifically in Coventry.

With a new, totally unified fleet, the advantage of not needing to allocate buses for specific routes (based the lack of route branding) must be quite noticeable. And, with basically the entire fleet set to be identical BYD DD's, I guess this simplification advantage stretches even further.

Have route branding exercises in the past helped to noticeably increase passenger numbers/accessibility, and if so can we expect this to return to Coventry in future?
I'm sure it will return when a lot more of the BYDs turn up and all of the non EVs have cascaded to other garages or been withdrawn

Rachvince53

I agree, with NXC set to receive more new buses, as with the NXWM Platinums some will be route branded.

BK63 YWP

QuoteI agree, with NXC set to receive more new buses, as with the NXWM Platinums some will be route branded.
I believe due to zenobe owning the vehicles, only they can decide what branding the buses will get. No sure about the 424 buses due to arrive before the end of 2024
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Coventrybususer95

I was told cv wont have route branded buses due to them being leased to us
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Mike K

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on February 04, 2023, 08:01:35 PMI was told cv wont have route branded buses due to them being leased to us
What I find peculiar is that they already have price branding etc vinyls where any route specific branding would go, very much like many Plantinum E400MMCs do. I can't see what difference having route branding would make, as in why promotional branding is ok, but a route number isn't. 

Tony

Quote from: Mike K on February 04, 2023, 08:26:51 PMWhat I find peculiar is that they already have price branding etc vinyls where any route specific branding would go, very much like many Plantinum E400MMCs do. I can't see what difference having route branding would make, as in why promotional branding is ok, but a route number isn't.
It doesn't make any difference, It is just someone presuming incorrectly, The reason for the lack of route branding is because electrics have to be scheduled differently, and while they are still being delivered it would be impossible to keep the same buses on the same route each day.

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on February 05, 2023, 07:53:19 AMIt doesn't make any difference, It is just someone presuming incorrectly, The reason for the lack of route branding is because electrics have to be scheduled differently, and while they are still being delivered it would be impossible to keep the same buses on the same route each day.
Thanks, makes sense 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk