News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Predictions for 2023

Started by EK40, December 30, 2022, 03:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B61 ANDREW

Purely by recent observations of passenger loadings, First Worcester to further truncate the 144 by withdrawing the Bromsgrove - Catshill section. Also to eradicate the Salt Road green livery.  :shocked:

Abluhwleh

My prediction for 2023, Sprint Network is cancelled!

Stu

Quote from: Abluhwleh on February 03, 2023, 09:36:12 PMMy prediction for 2023, Sprint Network is cancelled!
It's definitely going ahead.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

hlliwmai

Well we are into the second month of the year and Rotala haven't announced they've bought any companies (yet!...) I saw a post on Facebook either yesterday or the day before that it was exactly a year when they announced they had agreed a deal to purchase Claribels how time flies so with that said I wonder who it'll be this year... 

Stu

Quote from: hlliwmai on February 03, 2023, 09:51:42 PMWell we are into the second month of the year and Rotala haven't announced they've bought any companies (yet!...) I saw a post on Facebook either yesterday or the day before that it was exactly a year when they announced they had agreed a deal to purchase Claribels how time flies so with that said I wonder who it'll be this year...
To be fair there aren't really that many smaller operators left in the West Midlands area. There are only three that spring to mind, Banga, Kevs and Landflight, then perhaps Chaserider?

(Apologies to any others I may have overlooked!)

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on February 03, 2023, 10:34:02 PMTo be fair there aren't really that many smaller operators left in the West Midlands area. There are only three that spring to mind, Banga, Kevs and Landflight, then perhaps Chaserider?

Lets Go, Select Buses and Green Bus. Not sure of any others.
Chaserider also being a subsidary of D&G.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

the trainbasher

QuoteWell we are into the second month of the year and Rotala haven't announced they've bought any companies (yet!...) I saw a post on Facebook either yesterday or the day before that it was exactly a year when they announced they had agreed a deal to purchase Claribels how time flies so with that said I wonder who it'll be this year...
You never know
QuoteTo be fair there aren't really that many smaller operators left in the West Midlands area. There are only three that spring to mind, Banga, Kevs and Landflight, then perhaps Chaserider?

Who's to say, if they do buy an op, that it would be a WM based one...
I mean, maybe they might buy out one of the smaller groups one day

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: Stu on February 03, 2023, 10:34:02 PMTo be fair there aren't really that many smaller operators left in the West Midlands area. There are only three that spring to mind, Banga, Kevs and Landflight, then perhaps Chaserider?

Don't forget 'Let's Go'

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 04, 2023, 01:54:01 AMYou never knowWho's to say, if they do buy an op, that it would be a WM based one...
I mean, maybe they might buy out one of the smaller groups one day

Maybe in time one of the "bigger" operators will put an offer in for Diamond/Rotala ??  :undecided:  

hlliwmai

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on February 04, 2023, 10:25:42 AMMaybe in time one of the "bigger" operators will put an offer in for Diamond/Rotala ??  :undecided: 

I think that in the long run is what Simon wants tbh I think he wants one of these big Investment or Transport Groups (these are examples the likes of RATP; Abellio or Transdev giving the West Midlands a go amongst others) to buy out Rotala as an entity then he could retire or whatever then Diamond gets rebranded as something new/different of course I'm not saying that either of those companies would be interested but who knows what could happen stranger things have

Ginger66

Quote from: hlliwmai on February 04, 2023, 01:52:08 PMI think that in the long run is what Simon wants tbh I think he wants one of these big Investment or Transport Groups (these are examples the likes of RATP; Abellio or Transdev giving the West Midlands a go amongst others) to buy out Rotala as an entity then he could retire or whatever then Diamond gets rebranded as something new/different of course I'm not saying that either of those companies would be interested but who knows what could happen stranger things have
It would be interesting if Abellio went for it as the group already as a vested interest in the west Midlands, as they run the local trains

hlliwmai

Quote from: Ginger66 on February 04, 2023, 08:07:40 PMIt would be interesting if Abellio went for it as the group already as a vested interest in the west Midlands, as they run the local trains

With that being said thinking about it I don't suppose National Express would have any interest in Rotala and even if they were at some point I'm not entirely sure if the monopolies commission would allow it to happen @Tony I'm sure you would know the answer 

BK63 YWP

QuoteIt would be interesting if Abellio went for it as the group already as a vested interest in the west Midlands, as they run the local trains
Abellio has sold the franchise to Transport group UK, the deal is being finalised this year 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk