News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Works Services

Started by Ginger66, December 19, 2022, 08:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginger66

Do bus companies offer work services any more.   

I know in the past this would have been a thing but with the age of the motor car it seems more people drive.

I believe the only company that offer it is Amazon as I believe NX did a service to enable day and night shifts to get to work.

Is there a list of former works routes.

Rachvince53

Some do, locally there are bus services to Amazon Rugeley and I think also to Boots distribution centre. However these are the only ones I can think of,

the trainbasher

QuoteSome do, locally there are bus services to Amazon Rugeley and I think also to Boots distribution centre. However these are the only ones I can think of,
Doesn't First Travel Solutions have the Amazon stuff, and then subcontract bits to other ops

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

BBS

QuoteDoesn't First Travel Solutions have the Amazon stuff, and then subcontract bits to other ops
Guru Travel were for amazon too wernt they 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Rachvince53

Yes, I believe the Amazon contract is subcontracted where necessary to other operators.

Lukeee

Coach companies tend to pick up a lot of the worker shuttles these days

WalsallBuses2007

Didnt National Express used to offer Amazon Services seem to recall A5 and A51 with A5 being operated by Wolverhampton and A51 by Walsall i am open to be corrected on this tho

Danthebusman

Quote from: WalsallBuses2007 on December 22, 2022, 09:44:00 PMDidnt National Express used to offer Amazon Services seem to recall A5 and A51 with A5 being operated by Wolverhampton and A51 by Walsall i am open to be corrected on this tho
I know First Leicester do the runs for BHX3 to Daventry (and return to Coventry), same with BHX5 to Rugby and then back to Spon End

Rachvince53

Yes. The Amazon Rugeley contracts were originally operated by Arriva Midlands from their Cannock and Wednesfield depots. I clearly recall at least 12 ex-London DafDB250/ALX400 on Pipers Row at around 6pm. The number were later reduced as not enough staff used it. In more recent years NX took over. 

WalsallBuses2007

QuoteYes. The Amazon Rugeley contracts were originally operated by Arriva Midlands from their Cannock and Wednesfield depots. I clearly recall at least 12 ex-London DafDB250/ALX400 on Pipers Row at around 6pm. The number were later reduced as not enough staff used it. In more recent years NX took over.
Ah yes thanks for that Chaserider seems to have atleast got some contracts back i see them operate the A52 Which starts in Walsall which is part of the amazon Rugeley contract unsure about other routes and contracts there now tho also Robinsons Coaches of Brownhills also sometimes do Amazon Contracts aswell

the trainbasher

QuoteYes. The Amazon Rugeley contracts were originally operated by Arriva Midlands from their Cannock and Wednesfield depots. I clearly recall at least 12 ex-London DafDB250/ALX400 on Pipers Row at around 6pm. The number were later reduced as not enough staff used it. In more recent years NX took over.
Didn't Arrive Wednesfield use Interurban liveried DAFs with Midland stickers the one year?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

IMarkeh

Theres a good list of employee/works shuttles on another thread.
https://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=6121.0

BN

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 23, 2022, 09:19:38 PMDidn't Arrive Wednesfield use Interurban liveried DAFs with Midland stickers the one year?
We had East lancs DB250,s from Wigston to run the service. There was about 10 if I remember 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk