News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Strike Action

Started by monkeyjoe, December 14, 2022, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j789

Quote from: MW on January 15, 2023, 07:25:27 PMI'm not going to reply to most of that because it's complete and utter nonsense.

To put it simply, NX base their wages on a 38 hour week, except it's not 38 hours. It's around 50 hours including breaks.

Let me break it down further for you.

Based on NX starter rate:

£11.80 x 38 (hours) = £448.40

Now let's compare like for like with say LandFlight:

£10.35 x 50 (hours) = £517.50

You are already £69.10 per week better off at LandFlight.

Let's say you needed the overtime and you worked 7 days flat at either operator:

7 days at NX:

£11.80 x 53 (hours (2 extra 7.5 days added) = £625.40

7 days at LandFlight:

£10.35 x 70 (hours) = £724.50

Your nonsense about lack of overtime is exactly that; nonsense.
Well you clearly didn't understand the point I made!!! 🤦 It must be Sunday!

The clear FACT(!!) is that there is little opportunity for overtime at smaller operators (read my above post, it is basic common sense,  smaller operator = less
routes and less work, they usually aren't 7 day a week/ 18 hour a day operators like the bigger companies) so the actual opportunities to work 7 days flat at a smaller company are not likely at all - your example at Landflight is pretty ridiculous as if a company that small is offering that amount of overtime regularly, they won't be lasting much longer as they clearly don't have sufficient drivers for the small amount of work they have.

Whereas, larger companies, if drivers choose to they will get overtime pretty much EVERY WEEK. The opportunity is always there. You can't just multiply the smaller company's higher wage to prove a point as the overtime in that scenario is not the reality.

You may be a Landflight driver as I seem to remember you've been through a fair number of companies working so you will have a better idea than me if you are but you can't be quoting 70 hour Landflight weeks as a comparison when such things (should!) be near on impossible unless they really do have a driver shortage too.

j789

MW

Just to add another point to address the drivel above...

I apologise for the delay in replying. I was busy driving for a small operator who offers no evening or Sunday work.

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/slvl-yx22ohd?date=2023-01-15#journeys/368151926

j789

Quote from: MW on January 15, 2023, 07:45:53 PMJust to add another point to address the drivel above...

I apologise for the delay in replying. I was busy driving for a small operator who offers no evening or Sunday work.

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/slvl-yx22ohd?date=2023-01-15#journeys/368151926
So I'm guessing if your point is valid all 20 or so (whatever small number of drivers it is) of your companies drivers have been working today to get their '70 hours' in? Ridiculous. You can't compare NXWM with a small operator running 5 or 6 routes, it's like comparing chalk and cheese.

MW

Quote from: j789 on January 15, 2023, 07:48:33 PMSo I'm guessing if your point is valid all 20 or so (whatever small number of drivers it is) of your companies drivers have been working today to get their '70 hours' in. Ridiculous.

Were all First Worcester drivers out driving today? 

Nonsense again.

j789

Quote from: MW on January 15, 2023, 07:51:03 PMWere all First Worcester drivers out driving today?

Nonsense again.
I'm not comparing Worcester though, it's a tiny garage in the First business. You look at the business in Leeds, Sheffield, Bristol, etc the % of drivers who can work a Sunday as overtime will be far higher than what your company can offer. Just like with NXWM. That is a fact, not 'drivel'.

MW

Quote from: j789 on January 15, 2023, 07:53:57 PMI'm not comparing Worcester though, it's a tiny garage in the First business. You look at the business in Leeds, Sheffield, Bristol, etc the % of drivers who can work a Sunday as overtime will be far higher than what your company can offer. Just like with NXWM. That is a fact, not 'drivel'.

The lights are on, but there's nobody at home.

j789

Quote from: MW on January 15, 2023, 08:31:50 PMThe lights are on, but there's nobody at home.
You literally don't see basic facts and then throw abuse at others for pointing them out! You are the one trying to compare a tiny operator running a few subsidised routes with an operator 50 or more times the size. You seem to think that you can apply the same logic to a small company as a large one and you really can't see the difference between the two it seems.

Lukeee

Diamond is now 12.50 on Sundays and after 8pm on other days 

Tony

One message has been deleted from this thread. I won't allow the naming of employees when being 'slagged off' who don't have the right to reply.

winston

monkeyjoe

What's wrong with 10% wow some people. 

Westy

Do we know what form any industrial action will take?

Overtime ban, which might mean cancellation of certain late night journeys?

No buses on Saturdays, like the last major strike in the 1990s?

Or all out, with everyone to fend for themselves?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk