News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Year 2023 service changes Coventry

Started by JPC, November 26, 2022, 04:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachvince53

Quote from: JPC on February 19, 2023, 01:33:46 PMJudging by Bustimes history it would appear the Sunday service wasn't operated on service 2 for the month of January! - did that really happen?,
Since 5th Feb it's has a vehicle (B7RLE) shuttling 16 minutes each way every hour, I suppose there was no thought in extending these short journeys to Herald Avenue Sainsburys at least and link with other routes.
More likely that the data supplied to bustimes.org didn't have the Sunday service included.

JPC

Quote from: Rachvince53 on February 19, 2023, 02:01:48 PMMore likely that the data supplied to bustimes.org didn't have the Sunday service included.

I now suppose that is likely what has happened, very strange though why as the service has remained 'unchanged' since September.

Rachvince53

Quote from: JPC on February 19, 2023, 03:05:40 PMI now suppose that is likely what has happened, very strange though why as the service has remained 'unchanged' since September.
According to the NXC website, the service was revised from 8th January 2023.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Rachvince53 on February 19, 2023, 05:19:23 PMAccording to the NXC website, the service was revised from 8th January 2023.
Its the decision to keep it 1 an hour without asking bus users who have to struggle now to get to hospital appointments as its the only bus that serves all of Torrington avenue from tile hill south to the A45 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

ellspurs

Surely NX have looked at the figures and seen that it doesn't warrant a 30 minute service. The buses don't even go up Torrington Avenue on a Sunday. Plus they have access to the on-demand service if an appointment is going to be missed if they have to time their journey to a bus only running every hour.

JPC

Quote from: Rachvince53 on February 19, 2023, 05:19:23 PMAccording to the NXC website, the service was revised from 8th January 2023.

But it's still the same timetable since September, the only reason why the timetable on the NXC website currently says from 8th Jan, and probably all NXC timetables say 8th Jan, is because there was a different level of service on certain days in the week previous to that (w/c 1st Jan).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk