News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Year 2023 service changes Coventry

Started by JPC, November 26, 2022, 04:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPC

We now have official confirmation...
https://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/service-updates/timetable-changes-from-sunday-1st-january-2023

The only main difference to what was already assumed is that NXC will continue to operate service 19,
I'll hazard a guess there was zero bids for this tender and TfWM have therefore approached NXC for an 'extension'?.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: paulb1973 on December 05, 2022, 10:16:39 PMWas the 3 (Binley to UHCW section) on that TfWM 'at danger' list - not sure that it was. But, in saying that, something may still appear on that website regards the NXC 3.

Published today -

Arena Shopping Park - University Hospital (via Coventry and Warwickshire Shopping Park)
This service is withdrawn between Warwickshire Shopping Park and University Hospital due to delays caused by cycle works on Binley Road. Alternative services to the Hospital are available by changing onto the 60 at Binley or route 9 at Gosford Street or Pool Meadow. Transport for West Midlands are looking at other alternatives.

Hmmm?

paulb1973

Quote from: Sandy Lane on December 13, 2022, 07:51:32 PMPublished today -

Arena Shopping Park - University Hospital (via Coventry and Warwickshire Shopping Park)
This service is withdrawn between Warwickshire Shopping Park and University Hospital due to delays caused by cycle works on Binley Road. Alternative services to the Hospital are available by changing onto the 60 at Binley or route 9 at Gosford Street or Pool Meadow. Transport for West Midlands are looking at other alternatives.

Hmmm?
Yes, I don't get that either - wouldn't have thought those particular works have badly affected the 3. It does hint of a possible TfWM (funded presumably) replacement.

Could one 'new' service operating in the north-eastern side of the city - cover the loss of this section of the 3 and 20C ? That would be another long and winding urban service.

JPC

Some of the new timetables are now up on the usual places (tfwm/traveline)...
There is a notable frequency change in the evenings on the 8, 9 and 17/17A to every 40 minutes, It looks like the 9 will interwork 17/17A during evenings/Sundays, the 8 is no longer split in two halves so no longer interworks with 16.
The Fenside end of the 17/17A gets a clockwise only routing arrangement in the Evenings.

Danthebusman

Quote from: JPC on December 15, 2022, 08:55:54 PMSome of the new timetables are now up on the usual places (tfwm/traveline)...
There is a notable frequency change in the evenings on the 8, 9 and 17/17A to every 40 minutes, It looks like the 9 will interwork 17/17A during evenings/Sundays, the 8 is no longer split in two halves so no longer interworks with 16.
The Fenside end of the 17/17A gets a clockwise only routing arrangement in the Evenings.
Honestly a good change. The 20:00 17 from the hospital can be quite rammed due to people finishing work there at that time so the extra capacity is sometimes needed.

JPC

Quote from: Danthebusman on December 16, 2022, 12:26:03 PMHonestly a good change. The 20:00 17 from the hospital can be quite rammed due to people finishing work there at that time so the extra capacity is sometimes needed.
Not quite what you may be thinking - it is a reduced Evening frequency compared to current, the 9 and 17 will combine in the evenings to provide the City-UHCW link at roughly 'every 20 mins', however we should certainly see a marked improvement in the Evening and Sunday timekeeping/reliability.

Coventrybususer95

Wonder whos running the new 51 service in coventry
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Rachvince53

stellasteve

Signs up in Pool Meadow today. Changes detailed were:
1 - Replaced by new service 51
2 - Moving to Stand V
5/5A - Revised timetable; 5 to terminate at Coundon & Coundon - Arena replaced by 51
5B - Withdrawn
7/7A - Revised Timetable, Stagecoach to operate evenings/sundays, moving to Stand J towards Bell Green
8/9 - Revised Timetable
14/A - Revised Timetable
17/A - Revised Timetable
19 - Withdrawn
51 - New service to Arena Retail Park (hourly) operated by Stagecoach to replace parts of service 1 and operating from Stand V

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: stellasteve on December 17, 2022, 06:29:24 PMSigns up in Pool Meadow today. Changes detailed were:
1 - Replaced by new service 51
2 - Moving to Stand V
5/5A - Revised timetable; 5 to terminate at Coundon & Coundon - Arena replaced by 51
5B - Withdrawn
7/7A - Revised Timetable, Stagecoach to operate evenings/sundays, moving to Stand J towards Bell Green
8/9 - Revised Timetable
14/A - Revised Timetable
17/A - Revised Timetable
19 - Withdrawn
51 - New service to Arena Retail Park (hourly) operated by Stagecoach to replace parts of service 1 and operating from Stand V
I believe the 19 was reinstateed
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Sandy Lane

Quote from: paulb1973 on December 14, 2022, 09:47:56 AMYes, I don't get that either - wouldn't have thought those particular works have badly affected the 3. It does hint of a possible TfWM (funded presumably) replacement.

Could one 'new' service operating in the north-eastern side of the city - cover the loss of this section of the 3 and 20C ? That would be another long and winding urban service.

No news yet from "Mission (lack of Coventry understanding) Control" at TfWM in Brum. Sounds like no other realistic suitable service will happen?

paulb1973

Quote from: Sandy Lane on December 18, 2022, 11:30:40 AMNo news yet from "Mission (lack of Coventry understanding) Control" at TfWM in Brum. Sounds like no other realistic suitable service will happen?
See above. Sounds like this new '51' is replacing a number of withdrawn services. Not sure about the 3 segment though.

Rachvince53

On the Government website, National Express have registered a service 23 between Coventry and Arena Retail Park. It states 23, 23a, 3, 3s as being registered from 3 January 2023. 
However there's nothing on either TfWM or NX Cov yet.

Stu

Quote from: Rachvince53 on December 18, 2022, 12:02:24 PMOn the Government website, National Express have registered a service 23 between Coventry and Arena Retail Park. It states 23, 23a, 3, 3s as being registered from 3 January 2023.
However there's nothing on either TfWM or NX Cov yet.
That'll just be the changes to the 3 service. 23 was the original registered route number, I believe it got changed some time back.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

Regarding this '51' service, I see there was a tender issued by TfWM for a 'new' 15 service, which was intended to replace the whole of the 1 as well as incorporating part of the commercial 5 being withdrawn by NXC.

So the question is 15 or 51? I can't see why Stagecoach would prefer to number it 51.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk