News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Banga buses

Started by Liberator9, April 08, 2012, 09:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Steveminor on May 22, 2020, 09:16:40 PM
Most uk bus operators have now gone down the exact fare route so I guess having the vaults for Banga would reduce the confrontation with passengers wanting their change.
Who'd have thought everyone copying nxwm & Claribels policy of no change
Can anyone name any vault manufacturers please?

Pat

Quote from: BusMan Greg on May 22, 2020, 09:26:31 PM
Autofare I think is one.  If you're looking to purchase one, ebay is your best bet.  They sell for about £100-£200 second hand.
Quote from: Steveminor on May 22, 2020, 09:16:40 PM
Most uk bus operators have now gone down the exact fare route so I guess having the vaults for Banga would reduce the confrontation with passengers wanting their change.
Who'd have thought everyone copying nxwm & Claribels policy of no change
I use Banga often and I've never come across any confrontation over change.  When Banga started on the 530, one of their tactics to win customers from TWM & Arriva was their change giving policy.  Now that they've had the route to themselves for years and built up a loyal customer base, it makes sense now to implement the exact fare policy.  Anyway, their fares in Wolverhampton are simple enough (£2.10 for an adult single or £3 for a 530 day return) so I can't see any problems there.  However, the 891 fares are a bit more complex so i'm a bit unsure about whether this will cause problems on that route.

BN

Quote from: BusMan Greg on May 22, 2020, 09:26:31 PM
Fabtech

Solo1

Quote from: Steveminor on May 22, 2020, 08:34:52 PM
A very prudent measure
how many wm bus firms have vaults fitted I make it 4 I could be wrong Hanson's had them but taken out when DiamondBus brought them

B61 ANDREW

Pat

Quote from: Solo1 on May 23, 2020, 10:10:43 AM
how many wm bus firms have vaults fitted I make it 4 I could be wrong Hanson's had them but taken out when DiamondBus brought them
Claribels, NX, Travel Express & now Banga so yes, there's 4.

Solo1

Would of thought more would of had vaults fitted with covid 19 save hangling money till get back to depot

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on May 23, 2020, 11:27:26 AM
Would of thought more would of had vaults fitted with covid 19 save hangling money till get back to depot

There's a lot more to it than just placing a vault on a bus. It took a skilled body man a week or so to fit them in 729/730

Pat

Quote from: Solo1 on May 23, 2020, 11:27:26 AM
Quote from: Tony on May 23, 2020, 11:36:19 AM
There's a lot more to it than just placing a vault on a bus. It took a skilled body man a week or so to fit them in 729/730
They've got to be wired to the bus power supply and connected to the ticket machine.

Tony

Quote from: Pat on May 23, 2020, 11:46:44 AM
They've got to be wired to the bus power supply and connected to the ticket machine.

and fitted in a place where they are not going to restrict the legal width for wheelchair access, and be not a dager to anyone who might fall when the bus brakes and could bang their head

Pat

Quote from: Tony on May 23, 2020, 11:55:12 AM
and fitted in a place where they are not going to restrict the legal width for wheelchair access, and be not a dager to anyone who might fall when the bus brakes and could bang their head
Hansons had the vaults installed out of the way behind the cab door on the darts.  That said though, First Aberdeen have theirs placed extremely awkwardly in-front of the card reader, making it difficult to scan your pass.  Very poor design there!

Pat

New timetables commencing on 1st June.  They show the 530 as terminating at the bus station now.  I think that may be a typo error as it shows every journey bar the subsidised one in the early morning, which usually terminated at the bus station now terminating on Bilston Street, terminating at the bus station.

BH2004

Quote from: Pat on May 30, 2020, 05:47:17 PM
New timetables commencing on 1st June.  They show the 530 as terminating at the bus station now.  I think that may be a typo error as it shows every journey bar the subsidised one in the early morning, which usually terminated at the bus station now terminating on Bilston Street, terminating at the bus station.

Can you put a link to the new timetable please

Pat

Quote from: BH2004 on May 30, 2020, 06:10:56 PM
Can you put a link to the new timetable please
Yes, here you go

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk