News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Banga buses

Started by Liberator9, April 08, 2012, 09:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on July 17, 2019, 02:33:25 PM
Yes, I saw that pic but haven't seen it out regularly unless it acts as a spare?

It's on the 53. Passed it at Bentley Bridge Retail Park 5 minutes ago.

Solo1

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on July 17, 2019, 08:45:36 AM
I haven't seen YF02 SKO out for a while as it used to be the regular solo on the 891.  Also, YJ05 XNS hasn't been out on the 891 for weeks either.
yf02SKO on one of Bilston services

Pat

Quote from: Solo1 on July 19, 2019, 03:17:32 PM
yf02SKO on one of Bilston services
I thought it would have been.

Pat

A new timetable commenced this week on the 891 which sees the Saturday service withdrawn for a second time.  This leaves Cosford, Albrighton, Kingswood and Wergs with no buses on a Saturday at all.

nathanielrwi

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on August 03, 2019, 03:33:01 PM
A new timetable commenced this week on the 891 which sees the Saturday service withdrawn for a second time.  This leaves Cosford, Albrighton, Kingswood and Wergs with no buses on a Saturday at all.

The service always seemed relatively busy on a Saturday when I used it - wonder why they're withdrawing it now...

Solo1

Quote from: nathanielrwi on August 05, 2019, 01:33:32 AM
The service always seemed relatively busy on a Saturday when I used it - wonder why they're withdrawing it now...
if it's busy can't see why axe it could of reduced service to say 3 round trips say 10. 1 & 4 from wolves

Pat

Quote from: nathanielrwi on August 05, 2019, 01:33:32 AM
The service wasn't making any money.  Most of the passenger's were concessionary pass holders.  The service was run commercially as well so received no subsidy from the local authorities.

Solo1

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on August 05, 2019, 09:08:21 AM
The service wasn't making any money.  Most of the passenger's were concessionary pass holders.  The service was run commercially as well so received no subsidy from the local authorities.
could it ask for subsidy as no bus so if you need that bus for work your stuck on Saturday

Pat

Quote from: Solo1 on August 05, 2019, 09:51:33 AM
could it ask for subsidy as no bus so if you need that bus for work your stuck on Saturday
I don't know if they did.  But I doubt that Shropshire council would subsidise them as they wanted to scrap quite a few routes to lower their budget.

Solo1

So if u want to get to Telford train on Saturday but some places no bus

Pat

Quote from: Solo1 on August 05, 2019, 10:25:34 AM
So if u want to get to Telford train on Saturday but some places no bus
The only places on the route that have no train or bus on a Saturday are Kingswood, Wrottesley Park and Wergs.  So yes, you would have to use the train to Telford.

nathanielrwi

I've only ever done small sections of the route so not sure if many people used the route from Wolves through to Telford?

Pat

Quote from: nathanielrwi on August 05, 2019, 09:07:53 PM
I've only ever done small sections of the route so not sure if many people used the route from Wolves through to Telford?
Yeah, quite a few do.

BK63 YWP

More trains now between wolves and telford don't help either
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Solo1

Would of thought more people would of used it on Saturday as. School college shut others not at work on Saturday

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk