News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Banga buses

Started by Liberator9, April 08, 2012, 09:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

According to VOSA, Banga have registered a 52 between Wolverhampton Bus Station and Coseley and also have won the 53 between Wolves and Rocketpool from igo i believe.

Westy

Was Banga always on the TFWM list of operators that they preferred for tendered services, as I don't remember them winning any tenders in the past, only introducing commercial routes?

mranon

im sure ive seen the primo terminate outside the moon under water pub in Lichfield street, then the driver has swapped the blinds and gone onto the 530, so maybe there is some interworking?

Pat

Quote from: mranon on March 02, 2019, 12:56:28 PM
im sure ive seen the primo terminate outside the moon under water pub in Lichfield street, then the driver has swapped the blinds and gone onto the 530, so maybe there is some interworking?
Is this on the 891?

Solo1

Wonder if the 2 new buses the 05&55 reg along with the promo will be used on the new contracts. Or are they withdrawing some buses & getting some more

mranon

one of the v-drc solos was on ebay. as for vehicles on new tenders, it would depend on the contract but would imagine they need euro 5 rated buses minimum.

Pat

Quote from: mranon on March 03, 2019, 06:00:19 AM
one of the v-drc solos was on ebay. as for vehicles on new tenders, it would depend on the contract but would imagine they need euro 5 rated buses minimum.
There were two listed on ebay V261 DRB and V263 DRC.

Solo1

Wonder who brought the 2 solos if they were sold

Pat

Quote from: Solo1 on March 03, 2019, 10:21:33 AM
Wonder who brought the 2 solos if they were sold
Possibly bus prservationists as they were almost 20 years old and i don't think you can use a bus in regular service if it's 20 years+ old.

Solo1

Banga  still got a lot of other v reg buses in service & another small operator has x& y reg out along with a T reg

Pat

Quote from: Solo1 on March 03, 2019, 01:52:19 PM
Banga  still got a lot of other v reg buses in service & another small operator has x& y reg out along with a T reg
Yes i've been on most of their solos and really like the v reg ones with bench seats.  Personally, i prefer older buses as i think they've got more character than the newer ones.

the trainbasher

As long as they're DDA and DIPTAC compliant then surely age doesn't matter.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Pat

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 03, 2019, 03:12:43 PM
As long as they're DDA and DIPTAC compliant then surely age doesn't matter.
I read somewhere that buses that are 20 years or older can only be used for 20 days per year.  This is to allow for preservation groups e.t.c to use their vehicle for rallies and other events.

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on March 03, 2019, 03:52:40 PM
I read somewhere that buses that are 20 years or older can only be used for 20 days per year.  This is to allow for preservation groups e.t.c to use their vehicle for rallies and other events.
Do you mean buses that are not DDA compliant can only be used for 20 days a year?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Pat

Quote from: 2206 on March 03, 2019, 03:59:56 PM
I think you mean buses that are not DDA compliant can only be used for 20 days a year?
That might be it yes.  I can't remember where i read it but do remember seeing something.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk