News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Service changes 4th September 2022.

Started by 2206, July 20, 2022, 10:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11S, 27S, 49S, 73S and 897 cancelled. Most of those have alternative journeys on the regular services 11A, 49, 73, 27/76.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

Looks like a lot of services have variations from 4th Sept now. I'd imagine most are just reverting back to normal timetables though.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Westy

Quote from: MasterPlan on July 23, 2022, 11:35:47 PMLooks like a lot of services have variations from 4th Sept now. I'd imagine most are just reverting back to normal timetables though.
I noticed that on the Bloxwich Road services,  they still have the old 20 min frequency X51 timetable on the posters and the main stop in Bloxwich still has the poster with Chaserider's 1 & 1a on.

Is it worth flagging to TfWm now or later, if services are changing back?

The main Bloxwich one certainly needs changing. 

New service 3 added to X3/X4/X5 registration from September.
What is this 3 route going to be? Is X3 being split or is it something else?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: 2206 on July 26, 2022, 02:37:52 AMNew service 3 added to X3/X4/X5 registration from September.
Maybe a shorter version only going as far as Sutton or Erdington maybe?. Let the speculation begin. 

MasterPlan

Wasn't there supposed to be further cuts in September? Could we see a lot of frequency reductions?

Tony

QuoteWasn't there supposed to be further cuts in September? Could we see a lot of frequency reductions?
No and No.

National Express have never said they want to cut services. It's hoped to have two increases in services once the schools then the Universities go back 

MasterPlan

Quote from: Tony on July 26, 2022, 07:03:21 AMNo and No.

National Express have never said they want to cut services. It's hoped to have two increases in services once the schools then the Universities go back
Fair enough, I could've sworn I that I'd seen it  somewhere. That's good news then.

Jack D

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 26, 2022, 06:32:52 AMMaybe a shorter version only going as far as Sutton or Erdington maybe?. Let the speculation begin.
What would be the point of getting rid of the X then as it would still be express? I suspect could be a Sutton route but on local roads instead of the expressway?

Steve3229vp

Quote from: 2206 on July 26, 2022, 02:37:52 AMNew service 3 added to X3/X4/X5 registration from September.
I can't see how there could be a New service 3 going into the Birmingham boundary as we have a service 3 City-Yardley Wood. I know we have a service 3 in West Bromwich and in Wolverhampton but they are separate towns. I think if there is a New service 3 then it is probably Lichfield to Sutton just like the 6 Walsall to Sutton, The X3 could be cut back to terminate at Hill Hook. 

Quote from: Steve3229vp on July 26, 2022, 11:47:20 AMI can't see how there could be a New service 3 going into the Birmingham boundary as we have a service 3 City-Yardley Wood. I know we have a service 3 in West Bromwich and in Wolverhampton but they are separate towns. I think if there is a New service 3 then it is probably Lichfield to Sutton just like the 6 Walsall to Sutton, The X3 could be cut back to terminate at Hill Hook.
TFWM have 3 25's Bloxwich - Kingstanding, Erdington - Ward End, City QE Hosp.
Also they could maybe also call that the 2A.
But i'm guessing City - Hill Hook, Sutton - Lichfield.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: Westy on July 24, 2022, 10:52:07 AMI noticed that on the Bloxwich Road services,  they still have the old 20 min frequency X51 timetable on the posters and the main stop in Bloxwich still has the poster with Chaserider's 1 & 1a on.

Is it worth flagging to TfWm now or later, if services are changing back?

The main Bloxwich one certainly needs changing.
Bloxwich High Street still has a TWM flag with 562, 568 and 570 on it happily sitting there. I last saw it four weeks ago when I was in the area last.

Westy

Quote from: ellspurs on July 26, 2022, 04:25:29 PMBloxwich High Street still has a TWM flag with 562, 568 and 570 on it happily sitting there. I last saw it four weeks ago when I was in the area last.
The question is, do we tell TfWm about it or not?

Stu

At this point in time, only those who work for NXWM or TfWM will know for certain.

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 26, 2022, 06:32:52 AMMaybe a shorter version only going as far as Sutton or Erdington maybe?. Let the speculation begin.
There have been a couple of rumours floated around about the X3 being curtailed, and I think this may have something to do with this forthcoming change.

I am merely speculating, and know nothing for certain. But I would hazard a guess that perhaps the X3 will be curtailed to Hill Hook as before, with this new 3 service running between Lichfield and Sutton Coldfield at a lower frequency, perhaps hourly. Perhaps there isn't the demand for a half-hourly bus service from Lichfield.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Quote from: Stu on July 26, 2022, 07:12:39 PMAt this point in time, only those who work for NXWM or TfWM will know for certain.
There have been a couple of rumours floated around about the X3 being curtailed, and I think this may have something to do with this forthcoming change.

I am merely speculating, and know nothing for certain. But I would hazard a guess that perhaps the X3 will be curtailed to Hill Hook as before, with this new 3 service running between Lichfield and Sutton Coldfield at a lower frequency, perhaps hourly. Perhaps there isn't the demand for a half-hourly bus service from Lichfield.

To be fair, that section has chopped & changed over the last few years. 

Before Nx, you had in no particular order, Arriva, Zaks, Midland Classic.

Unlike my own issue, they've done well to keep a continual service.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk