News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New bus stops on Corporation Street

Started by Gareth, June 09, 2022, 11:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

There are two new bus stops installed on corporation street opposite The Square Peg. So either there will be two lane traffic or it's reverting to its old direction of traffic. Not sure which bus services will be using the new stops or when they'll be operational as there is still a lot of road works to do in that area.

Stevo

I didn't realise you meant facing towards Grand Central. Heaven knows why they've installed them in the middle of a construction site, well before they can possibly be used. Or are they going to reintroduce buses to Upper Bull Street?

Stu

Quote from: Gareth on June 09, 2022, 11:57:58 PMThere are two new bus stops installed on corporation street opposite The Square Peg. So either there will be two lane traffic or it's reverting to its old direction of traffic. Not sure which bus services will be using the new stops or when they'll be operational as there is still a lot of road works to do in that area.
Quote from: Stevo on June 11, 2022, 06:56:14 PMI didn't realise you meant facing towards Grand Central. Heaven knows why they've installed them in the middle of a construction site, well before they can possibly be used. Or are they going to reintroduce buses to Upper Bull Street?
I noticed these today. I can only assume that once the Metro construction work is complete on Lower Bull Street, that these new stops may faciliate the introduction of cross-city bus services, with direction of bus traffic being reversed?

At least there seems to be a bit of 'forward thinking' in place if that's the case.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin

It almost looks like the road itself has been widened a bit there, maybe to facilitate two way traffic?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Owen

Im sure there's a picture of 4878 on upper bull street. Next to a tram. 

Would there be able to be a bus stop in the empty parking rank. If buses were able to do a u turn from square peg and back around. This is just a genuine question may be silly but I'd like to know. And obviously if it were possible it couldn't be a busy service stopping there 

Tony

Quote from: Owen on September 22, 2023, 05:16:31 PMIm sure there's a picture of 4878 on upper bull street. Next to a tram.

Would there be able to be a bus stop in the empty parking rank. If buses were able to do a u turn from square peg and back around. This is just a genuine question may be silly but I'd like to know. And obviously if it were possible it couldn't be a busy service stopping there

Why? What would be the advantage?

Owen

Quote from: Tony on September 22, 2023, 05:21:21 PMWhy? What would be the advantage?
just a stop to alight then to have a layover before hitting the square peg, so the sq' peg stop  doesn't get rammed up with buses. especially when the stop next to the savers comes into use. 

Could save 2 buses being in the way when waiting time at the square peg. Or for carrs lane. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk