News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry Destination Blinds

Started by Wumpty, June 01, 2022, 08:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

I've noticed that NXC blinds have the route number back on the left hand side of the front destination displays, where NXWM have kept theirs on the right hand side. Is there a reason for this or just a change?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Tony

Should be going back to the nearside this month

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on June 01, 2022, 09:39:46 AMShould be going back to the nearside this month
Almost like the good old days, eh @Tony  :wink:
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

PB 1871 has its route number on the left as well. It is on its usual 28's tonight.
Will that one be changed as well @Tony?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

don

Quote from: Tony on June 01, 2022, 09:39:46 AMShould be going back to the nearside this month

Thats's good news - I don't know if it's just me but these Coventry vehicles with the destination/route number the wrong way round temporarily scramble my brain - a little like a left handed guitar to a non-left handed player. Seems a very odd way of doing it - number furthest from the footway when arguably it's less legible to those with restricted sight. 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Gareth

Quote from: don on June 03, 2022, 05:41:39 PMThats's good news - I don't know if it's just me but these Coventry vehicles with the destination/route number the wrong way round temporarily scramble my brain - a little like a left handed guitar to a non-left handed player. Seems a very odd way of doing it - number furthest from the footway when arguably it's less legible to those with restricted sight.
Considering we had numbers on the left for maybe around 45/50 years, it's so weird seeing them like that now!

Coventrybususer95

Anyone know if they plan on using "city center" instead of coventry on the new buses as I believe it would look nicer and more inline with the Midlands 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on June 28, 2022, 04:06:27 PMAnyone know if they plan on using "city center" instead of coventry on the new buses as I believe it would look nicer and more inline with the Midlands
"City Centre" would look nice as well (sorry but needs to be spelled correctly).

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Sandy Lane on June 28, 2022, 06:14:30 PM"City Centre" would look nice as well (sorry but needs to be spelled correctly).
Sorry my phone autocorrected it 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on June 28, 2022, 04:06:27 PMAnyone know if they plan on using "city center" instead of coventry on the new buses as I believe it would look nicer and more inline with the Midlands
What do you mean by "more inline with the midlands"?  I think they've for a long time displayed Birmingham and Wolverhampton rather than City Centre.
Claribels are the only operator i've seen displaying City Centre in recent times, and they've since ceased operation.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

paulb1973

Has "City Centre' (or Center) ever been on the blinds on Coventry buses ?! I suppose it has - but 'City' or something like City, Pool Meadow and so-on, was more common. 

Coventrybususer95

There's a few photos of the 47** in the old university branding with "city centre" as the destination 

sandboy20

it was "City Centre"  or "via City Centre" for many years up to 2019. Prior to that "City" or "via City" - either
preferable to the absurd "via Coventry". This seems to be a Transport for West Midlands thing that also applies to the printed timetables and at bus shelter timetables.

Bus_user_jay

Why have they swapped the number side to the right? I remember when all buses had their numbers on the left, then they changed to the right circa 2008... what was the reasoning behind all of this? And then for Coventry to change, and change again?

BBS

QuoteWhy have they swapped the number side to the right? I remember when all buses had their numbers on the left, then they changed to the right circa 2008... what was the reasoning behind all of this? And then for Coventry to change, and change again?
Probably because most of the Coventry buses are moving to the West Midlands Fleet soon and the electrics going Coventry
You probably seen 6957 and 6958 in the West Midlands platinum livery 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk