News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Mask Wearing

Started by bususer28, July 14, 2021, 05:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busboy31

And remember you have to bring your hand sansitier if you were to go on a bus again.

cardew

Quote from: Steveminor on September 03, 2021, 11:35:14 PM

Scientists say a good airflow & fresh air mean its less likely to catch the virus & we all know buses leak like sieves.

While on a NX coach through Oxford yesterday - with a regularly coughing unmasked passenger,, bit worrying - I saw that Stagecoach have adapted the window openers so that they do not close completely to allow a constant flow of air. This is an excellent idea as ventilation seems to have played second fiddle to (important) hand sanitising.

mikestone

Its amazing how many buses (not NXWM specifically) still have their blinds proclaiming mask wearing is compulsory.

Quote from: mikestone on September 05, 2021, 10:31:30 AM
Its amazing how many buses (not NXWM specifically) still have their blinds proclaiming mask wearing is compulsory.
In regards to NX, the NX blinds have only ever been used to display important destination/route information throughout the last 18 months. Destination on top, 1 or 2 via points on bottom, which is the normal these days.
i.e. X4 Falcon Lodge via Erdington & Sutton.

(That sort of thing was always displayed on the notices onboard, etc).
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SK68MEV

Quote from: busboy31 on September 03, 2021, 11:27:06 PM
This is very serious, you know that? I've been on it 9 days before lockdown.. and nobody wasn't wearing a mask... and since then, it has killed a lot of bus drivers as well. Maybe the Muslims and the Asians are refusing to have the vaccine as they think it's a conspiracy.
mate it is nothing about race as i'm a muslim and i'm asian and we are getting the vaccine does aswell so by you just pointing out a certain race has just offended me as there is absolutely no reason to base something at a certain race
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Wumpty

Quote from: SK68MEV on September 05, 2021, 03:36:59 PM
mate it is nothing about race as i'm a muslim and i'm asian and we are getting the vaccine does aswell so by you just pointing out a certain race has just offended me as there is absolutely no reason to base something at a certain race

Vaccines are an individual choice. I agree with you @SK68MEV that this is an ill-worded post from @busboy31 and can see where this could offend.

Quote from: busboy31 on September 03, 2021, 11:27:06 PM
This is very serious, you know that? I've been on it 9 days before lockdown.. and nobody wasn't wearing a mask... and since then, it has killed a lot of bus drivers as well. Maybe the Muslims and the Asians are refusing to have the vaccine as they think it's a conspiracy.

Whilst there has been an enhanced media campaign to persuade BAME communities to have the vaccine, it still remains a personal choice. I would suggest that stating that "muslims and asians are refusing to have the vaccine as they think it's a conspiracy" is ill-worded as many of the non-BAME in white British/European communities are just as vocal about the choice not to have the vaccine.

Mask wearing still remains a choice now following the relaxation of covid restrictions, though any business can insist that you wear a mask on their buses or premises. I agree with @Tony that this would be wholely impractical to police by the operators, hence they recommend, though don't enforce the wearing of masks.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

SK68MEV

Quote from: Wumpty on September 06, 2021, 11:36:22 AM
Vaccines are an individual choice. I agree with you @SK68MEV that this is an ill-worded post from @busboy31 and can see where this could offend.

Whilst there has been an enhanced media campaign to persuade BAME communities to have the vaccine, it still remains a personal choice. I would suggest that stating that "muslims and asians are refusing to have the vaccine as they think it's a conspiracy" is ill-worded as many of the non-BAME in white British/European communities are just as vocal about the choice not to have the vaccine.

Mask wearing still remains a choice now following the relaxation of covid restrictions, though any business can insist that you wear a mask on their buses or premises. I agree with @Tony that this would be wholely impractical to police by the operators, hence they recommend, though don't enforce the wearing of masks.
yes as face masks are not required anymore but it would be better if you could wear one it's not just one certain race
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk