News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

X30 Ansty Park

Started by Sandy Lane, April 30, 2021, 01:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

Only just spotted this change

X30 timetable changes from Monday 26th April 2021
From Monday 26th April 2021, The X30 timetable is temporarily changing at the request of Ansty Park, who pay for the service, to reflect the current numbers travelling to work.

X30 | Ansty Park - Coventry City Centre - Ansty Park

A new timetable will be introduced, with the service now running hourly.
Morning departures will run earlier to provide better arrival times at Ansty Park.

JPC

Yes, there's a few user groans on social media about a resultant lack of social distancing but NXC have seemingly responded by providing an additional vehicle for the 1610 from Ansty Park to Fairfax St.

Sandy Lane

The 26 September TT freq shows every 30 mins.
Now there is a new TT coming from 21 November and I can't see any difference tween the two.
Anyone got any gen on what's happening?

JPC

Quote from: Sandy Lane on November 17, 2021, 08:46:54 PM
The 26 September TT freq shows every 30 mins.
Now there is a new TT coming from 21 November and I can't see any difference tween the two.
Anyone got any gen on what's happening?

No change to the X30 timetable at this time.
As mentioned previously in the thread for the August changes, there is some sort of flaw in the new timetable generator on the NXC website which causes all other timetables to be "redated" to the same date whenever there is changes to some timetables.

Sandy Lane

Sandy Lane

From Monday 8th January 2024, service X30 will be withdrawn due to the ending of the current agreed contract National Express have to run the service. 
https://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/service-updates/minor-timetable-changes

Quote from: Sandy Lane on December 30, 2023, 01:43:55 PMFrom Monday 8th January 2024, service X30 will be withdrawn due to the ending of the current agreed contract National Express have to run the service.
https://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/service-updates/minor-timetable-changes

And confusing the matter more the X30 has a timetable showing on the website for the 8th - 12th January 2024. Mostly the same as the current one, except notice some early evening journeys are retimed.
X30 Coventry - Ansty Park | NX Bus Coventry

Though asking NX about this on twitter they say "the X30 service will be withdrawn starting Monday 8th January, the timetable shown afer this date will be withdrawn".
I'm not sure if the website is automatically showing a pre Christmas timetable or something else?

Also notice the 77B service has a timetable for the PB 7.
https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/services-timetables/77b-new-oscott-bishop-walsh-school
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Rachvince53

Checked on gov.uk and it too confirms the X30 is cancelled with effect from 8th January 2024.

The 77B will replace the 855 and additionally serve Wilmott and Fairfax Schools. It has yet to be changed on the NX (and thus TfWM) websites and so having the PB 7 on the timetable link is a temporary measure.  I think it's a little confusing though and ought to have been done once the schools broke up.

Danthebusman

Quote from: Rachvince53 on December 30, 2023, 05:25:15 PMChecked on gov.uk and it too confirms the X30 is cancelled with effect from 8th January 2024.
NX could just renew it closer to the date of termination like they have done for the past 2/3 months.

Tony

Quote from: Danthebusman on December 30, 2023, 05:28:55 PMNX could just renew it closer to the date of termination like they have done for the past 2/3 months.
How do you know the business park want it renewed

mesub

Quote from: Danthebusman on December 30, 2023, 05:28:55 PMNX could just renew it closer to the date of termination like they have done for the past 2/3 months.

We'll see, but I don't think they would make an announcement if the business park was going to renew it.

I actually had the time to do the route a few days ago. The loadings weren't amazingly high between the edge of Coventry and Ansty Park (although I only did one round trip in the evening, so obviously couldn't comment about the overall loadings of the route). It was nice to go fast along the A46 though.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Sandy Lane

Quote from: mesub on December 31, 2023, 12:13:33 AMWe'll see, but I don't think they would make an announcement if the business park was going to renew it.

I actually had the time to do the route a few days ago. The loadings weren't amazingly high between the edge of Coventry and Ansty Park (although I only did one round trip in the evening, so obviously couldn't comment about the overall loadings of the route). It was nice to go fast along the A46 though.

The X30 perform a very useful public service . Here is my take on it.

It gets employees to/from that new (yet awful) bus/ rail station interchange and city centre directly to the business park.
It gets employees who live along Clifford Bridge Rd and Walsgrave Rd corridor to/from the business park.
It gets commuters who live along Clifford Bridge Rd and Walsgrave Rd corridor to/from the rail station. The most direct and quickest service from that side of Coventry. 
It also gets rail travellers from the awful bus / rail station interchange into the city centre providing they know where to get off

Loadings vary and at times it can be very busy. At other times loadings can be light possibly due to a lack of locals knowing the X30 strange routing around the city centre

It's biggest downfall is running to time at peak times using a PVR of 2 buses. It's just not doable on many days but does need to be a clock face 30 min service. Something the glorious TfWM transport gurus in far away Birmingham just cannot seem to get sorted. Now two operators have proven it can't be done with 2 vehicles it will be interesting to see what happens next?

Quote from: Sandy Lane on December 31, 2023, 09:27:52 AMIt's biggest downfall is running to time at peak times using a PVR of 2 buses. It's just not doable on many days but does need to be a clock face 30 min service. Something the glorious TfWM transport gurus in far away Birmingham just cannot seem to get sorted. Now two operators have proven it can't be done with 2 vehicles it will be interesting to see what happens next?

Its been said its Anstry Park who fund the service and thus fund 2 buses to run it rather than tfwm I think.
Anstry Park also appears to be in Warwickshire beyond the TFWM boundary.
Whilst the parts of the route within the TFWM area seem to have other services serving it.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: 2206 on December 31, 2023, 01:14:52 PMIts been said its Anstry Park who fund the service and thus fund 2 buses to run it rather than tfwm I think.
Anstry Park also appears to be in Warwickshire beyond the TFWM boundary.
Whilst the parts of the route within the TFWM area seem to have other services serving it.

Agree it's a strange location for a business park 
http://www.anstypark.co.uk/By-Bus 
Think the photo may have been one of Diamond's fleet?

While strictly just over the Warks border Coventry & W. Mids Mayor are key stakeholders 
http://www.anstypark.co.uk/Coventry-City-Council 

I hear that massive site expansion is being discussed so good public transport will still be necessary to Coventry rail station.

From Clifford Bridge Rd direct bus services to the station have been decimated by Birmingham based TfWM. 
Examples
585 (85) had a 30 min frequency but no longer goes to the rail station.
1 (Diamond) used to serve the rail station. Service canned.
17 used to serve to station but no longer.

As I say it will be interesting to see what happens next?

ellspurs

Quote from: Sandy Lane on December 31, 2023, 03:58:18 PMAgree it's a strange location for a business park
http://www.anstypark.co.uk/By-Bus
Think the photo may have been one of Diamond's fleet?

While strictly just over the Warks border Coventry & W. Mids Mayor are key stakeholders
http://www.anstypark.co.uk/Coventry-City-Council

I hear that massive site expansion is being discussed so good public transport will still be necessary to Coventry rail station.

From Clifford Bridge Rd direct bus services to the station have been decimated by Birmingham based TfWM.
Examples
585 (85) had a 30 min frequency but no longer goes to the rail station.
1 (Diamond) used to serve the rail station. Service canned.
17 used to serve to station but no longer.

As I say it will be interesting to see what happens next?

If (and this is a big if) TfWM have done their due dilligance, then wouldn't this suggest that there aren't enough people travelling directly from Clifford Bridge Road to the train station?

The walking distance from the city centre to the train station isn't that unreasonable, and for people who aren't able to do that there are plenty of services that pass the station or they can go to the hospital and catch the 9.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk