News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

BusTimes.org - general discussion

Started by gka472l, December 19, 2019, 10:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spacecowboy150

Why are a load of Coventry routes on the NXWM page? Namely 25s, 14s and 85s (which have been there for a while)

JPC

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on December 26, 2023, 11:49:49 AMWhy are a load of Coventry routes on the NXWM page? Namely 25s, 14s and 85s (which have been there for a while)
The timetable data (or some of it) is tagged to the 'incorrect' operator, we can only hope they'll be corrected within a few weeks.

Quote from: JPC on December 16, 2023, 08:27:17 PMTracking history maps now seem to be removed rather quickly - around 18-24 hours after the trip. :sad:
Luckily this was just a temporary blip lasting about a day - as when planning a trip I do like to see how well a particular journey has performed over the past week/month.

Stu

Quote from: Wba_lad on December 25, 2023, 11:59:00 AMWhy do buses no longer track on dead run was good when they tracked on dead run
Because for the purposes of what BODS (Bus Open Data Service) was setup/created for, passengers do not need to know that information.

Operators are only required to show vehicle locations of buses that are in general public service.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Wba_lad

Quote from: Stu on December 26, 2023, 07:43:20 PMBecause for the purposes of what BODS (Bus Open Data Service) was setup/created for, passengers do not need to know that information.

Operators are only required to show vehicle locations of buses that are in general public service.
But a lot of bus companies show dead runs. Shame Nx can't go back to showing dead runs

Danthebusman

Quote from: Wba_lad on December 26, 2023, 09:06:16 PMBut a lot of bus companies show dead runs. Shame Nx can't go back to showing dead runs
It's mainly just Stagecoach that show dead runs, haven't noticed any other operator.

Westy

It's quite obvious we the passengers & the bus companies / BODS will have to agree to disagree on whether DEAD runs should be shown on screen.

It certainly would answer partly why certain vehicles seem to disappear 'off the grid' on arrival at terminus, as I've noticed on many an occasion on behalf of my sister when tracking the late evening 9's, so she can decide whether to catch the bus or if the bus failed to show, get a taxi instead!

I've watched said vehicles instead of doing the return journey, drive up the road to the depot instead & no sign of a replacement vehicle, or the replacement vehicle runs DEAD to start service from the other end instead.

It's as if they want to hide the evidence.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

The only time dead runs show are if the Driver left the Ticket Machine still active so for example I had caught the last bus to Darlaston on the 37 think it was an Omnilink think it was 1886 can't remember I got home and was just checking that was the last departure and it was but 1886 was still tracking on the map but was off route assuming the Driver hadn't turned off the Ticket Machine. Other than that I don't need to know a bus is dead the chances are If I'm looking to see where a 34 is and a bus is Dead it's going to pass me showing not in service.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

ellspurs

Quote from: Danthebusman on December 26, 2023, 09:30:16 PMIt's mainly just Stagecoach that show dead runs, haven't noticed any other operator.
000 is Nuneaton's most frequent service!

karl724223

No X10 tracking all day today on veg web 
Omg help what we going to do panic stations 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Was just about to report 4973 as not Tracking on the 74 but the 74 isn't Tracking at all
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Westy

Hmm, if Bustimes is correct, then 6769, which Im on at the moment, started his journey roughly 10 to 15 mins early, realised his mistake & waited for time at Pargeter St.

Bustimes has him down for the 529 leaving Walsall at 0706, but actually left at 0652, which is more or less a normal time for departure for me, so wasnt clocked initially 

karl724223

Veg web been updated for Dudley tower street stops 

windy miller

I will need to get from Wolves Train station to Sidings Close Wednesfield way  WV113DR
Sometime this week Can I get a bus or a tram from the rail station ? or maybe a bus  from the Bus station ?  If you have local knowledge I would appreciate your advice .  Many thanks
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Westy

Quote from: windy miller on January 17, 2024, 04:33:18 AMI will need to get from Wolves Train station to Sidings Close Wednesfield way  WV113DR
Sometime this week Can I get a bus or a tram from the rail station ? or maybe a bus  from the Bus station ?  If you have local knowledge I would appreciate your advice .  Many thanks
Looks like a fair walk from the nearest bus stop, if the Google Map is correct.

Rachvince53

Quote from: windy miller on January 17, 2024, 04:33:18 AMI will need to get from Wolves Train station to Sidings Close Wednesfield way  WV113DR
The nearest stop appears to be Bentley Bridge Retail Park, served by buses 9 (to Walsall), 53 and 65. All depart from the bus station. 

You should alight in Bentley Bridge at the stop by the car parks cross the road and head in the same direction as the bus will take as far as the next island. Turn right into Backhouse Lane and cross the road. Continue down Backhouse Lane to the island and then turn left along Wednesfield Way. Sidings Close is about halfway along this road on the left.

Hope this helps.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk