News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Lack of investment in ex-Lea Hall routes in East Bham

Started by monkeyjoe, November 02, 2019, 12:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

No, you just think it is funny to moan about things you don't use.

They are not 'ignored'
In the last 3 years every bus has had is getting(bordesley Scanias)  a full internal refurbishment.
Express buses (X12/X70) have been introduced
Platinum buses (X12) has been introduced
Timetables & routes changed to try an counter traffic issues.

Incidently the following routes in other parts of Birmingham have not had new buses, but I don't see you complaining about them being ignored.
1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 11, 18, 33, 35, 45, 47, 49, 51, 52, 60, 63, 65, 66, 67; 74

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on November 02, 2019, 07:53:19 PM
There's a lot more than you realise though. If the council says "We will put a new bus lane in if you put new buses on route x' then the double improvement of new buses and a better journey will increase revenue more than just replacing buses on whichever route has the oldest.
Is this why the 9 and the 50 are getting new buses every 5 years or so?

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on November 03, 2019, 12:56:08 PM

They are not 'ignored'
In the last 3 years every bus has had is getting(bordesley Scanias)  a full internal refurbishment.

Incidently the following routes in other parts of Birmingham have not had new buses, but I don't see you complaining about them being ignored.
The 2, 3 and/or the 35  could be using the new platinums on the 6 when the E400 City's arrive.
I was surprised when the WB platinums was given to the 82/87 instead of the 74. Then again, them two services have been given regular improvements to buses.
The 45/47/60 probably won't be given upgrades for a couple more years, particularly the 60 as it uses spare platinums pretty much everyday.
The 63 uses the hybrids alongside the 61 maybe you meant a different service @Tony?

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 03, 2019, 01:00:41 PM
Is this why the 9 and the 50 are getting new buses every 5 years or so?

If you check you will see BCC are currently looking at putting more bus lanes in on Moseley Road

monkeyjoe

They are not 'ignored'

Don't buy that as a % of the old lea hall area that's probably 10%. The same routes and areas get the investment period. The above examples could go on all day have had more investment than the the routes I'm on about.

The point I'm continually making is the fact distribution of resource is short scoped fact.

They are not 'ignored'

X12 is only one service though and only 11 Platinums.
Very few compared to all the platinums operating in the same area of Birmingham on the, 9/X8/X10, 23/24, X20/X21/X22 and 82/87 all in West Birmingham.
There are routes in West Birmingham that haven't had new buses (48 and 1/1A) but it is disproportional, I think.

11 was upgraded last year with relatively new vehicles, so hasn't really been ignored. 63 also has newer Hybrids and 74 had an upgrade a few years back, so none of them have been ignored.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

I'm not laughing there is nothing wrong with healthy debate especially when the one side is so .... how can I put it; (not prepared to see it from outside the box).

Busboy105

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 03, 2019, 01:16:50 PM

Don't buy that as a % of the old lea hall area that's probably 10%. The same routes and areas get the investment period. The above examples could go on all day have had more investment than the the routes I'm on about.

The point I'm continually making is the fact distribution of resource is short scoped fact.
I have to disagree with you there. Some of those routes on that list have had little investment.
The 1 hasn't received any upgrades since it had branded Presidents on it. All it had since then was Gemini's and Volvos. This was a route that used to go to town several years ago. The 2 & 3 have been using Tridents for as long as I can remember.
The 5 used Tridents during its time at YW then switched to Gemini's when it transferred to AG and now uses the oldest buses in the whole fleet.
The 67 got "upgraded" to Volvos when the bendy Scanias were withdrawn and are now using Gemini's or Enviro 400 which isn't too bad.

winston

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 03, 2019, 01:32:03 PM
I'm not laughing there is nothing wrong with healthy debate especially when the one side is so .... how can I put it; (not prepared to see it from outside the box).

Your comments are not constructed like a debate, it's just comes across as 'continual moaning' about ex LH routes, a handful of routes out of hundreds. Using your own argument the same can be said for limited group of services that receive regular new buses you put up as an argument each time i.e. 50, Harborne's, Hagley Road etc. If you're that concerned about NX supposedly neglecting the East B'ham routes, why don't you use your energy & take it up with the local councillors? It might get you further than continually moaning on here....

Incidentally 'looking outside of the box' as you put it, when was the last time the WB (5), WB (4,4H & 4M), the 4's particularly are a core Black Country route. My local routes WN 15 & 16 have only just been upgraded with 63 plate E400's ex WB, prior to that it has been solid Tridents Y-reg up to 54 plate for years....

What doesn't go in the 55's favour is that it's operated out of Bordesley, NX are not likely to be buying any new single decker's anytime soon as they already have too many, and Bordesley can't operate decker's. The 94 has recently had newer vehicles allocated to it.

When there's only 75 new Platinum's coming in, they will only go so far and allocated to the routes that will generate the best returns for their investment. Dundee & Coventry have only had their first Platinum spec buses in the past 12 months with cascades for a number of years prior, don't see that raised.

Quote from: Winston on November 03, 2019, 02:06:22 PM
What doesn't go in the 55's favour is that it's operated out of Bordesley, NX are not likely to be buying any new single decker's anytime soon as they already have too many, and Bordesley can't operate decker's. The 94 has recently had newer vehicles allocated to it.
They could swap it for deckers and send the 28 to Bordesley. Deckers would probably help the route at busy times as well.
The problem would probably be they'd have to find another route to allocate the Omnilinks to.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on November 03, 2019, 02:10:54 PM
They could swap it for deckers and send the 28 to Bordesley. Deckers would probably help the route at busy times as well.
The problem would probably be they'd have to find another route to allocate the Omnilinks to.
You could probably send the 96 with the 28 to Bordesley to use the surplus Omnilinks.

winston

Quote from: 2206 on November 03, 2019, 02:10:54 PM

And where will these extra deckers come from? And where will the surplus Omnilinks go?

Tony

Quote from: Jack on November 03, 2019, 02:11:55 PM
You could probably send the 96 with the 28 to Bordesley to use the surplus Omnilinks.

How does that use the surplus Omnilinks? They are already operated by Omnilinks

Tony

I have a plan how to increase the double decks in the WM which will become clearer on Friday

GeminiFan1991

I echo others in regards to buses not being cheap, to buy or run !

I seem to recall it being mentioned on here, that a bus costs upwards of £100'000 annually to run. Given the fact that the NXWM fleet consists of upwards of 1'500 buses, you begin to realize not everything can get it all. Frankly, I'm surprised a daysaver is as cheap as it is. 
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk