News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Future of 13 Willenhall service?

Started by Sandy Lane, September 24, 2019, 10:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

In last couple of weeks service 13 Willenhall reliability isnt just poor it is ...............!!!! This is not a new problem by any means.

Frequently 3 late running buses turn up together in both directions. There are quite a few passengers getting very hacked off with TC. TC must know already so I am surprised nothing has been done about it at the September review. Is something going to happen soon before TC lose their passengers?

TC need to say why they allow the problem to fester. Like to hear the official line.

JoNi

Quote from: Sandy Lane on September 24, 2019, 10:36:46 AM
In last couple of weeks service 13 Willenhall reliability isnt just poor it is ...............!!!! This is not a new problem by any means.

Frequently 3 late running buses turn up together in both directions. There are quite a few passengers getting very hacked off with TC. TC must know already so I am surprised nothing has been done about it at the September review. Is something going to happen soon before TC lose their passengers?

TC need to say why they allow the problem to fester. Like to hear the official line.

It was obviously an ominous sign when the 13 to Willenhall was changed to depart from stop HS2 in Hales Street.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: JoNi on September 24, 2019, 08:33:37 PM
It was obviously an ominous sign when the 13 to Willenhall was changed to depart from stop HS2 in Hales Street.
Too true! And it stinks like heck by the bus shelter - reckon there is a problem with the sewers.

JoNi

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Sandy Lane on September 24, 2019, 10:36:46 AM

Yes, it continues to get even worse! This morning into town after 9am classic none for heck of a time and 2 turn up! . In the peak appalling. Surprised nowt is being done about it. A desperate situation needs drastic action - needs de-linking from the Holbrooks route.

Sandy Lane

And it must now be at serious level as the route is being split in two for a time due to the Binley road road works.
Starts Sun 9th october.
https://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/service-updates/change-to-the-1313a-service
Wonder if it will stay split for ever?

Danthebusman

The rail strikes sure don't help this situation either

BBS

QuoteThe rail strikes sure don't help this situation either
The rail strikes are actually making the situation worse with more people using bus 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Sandy Lane

Quote from: BBS on October 07, 2022, 11:55:30 PMThe rail strikes are actually making the situation worse with more people using bus
Can see what you are saying about other places. But how does that fit with 13 to Willenhall as there are no local rail stations between Coventry and Rugby even if the railway goes straight through Willenhall.

BBS

QuoteCan see what you are saying about other places. But how does that fit with 13 to Willenhall as there are no local rail stations between Coventry and Rugby even if the railway goes straight through Willenhall 
Im not entirely sure about Coventry because I live in Solihull, but maybe some people do commuting and using trains then buses etc to places 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Danthebusman

This new split 13 seems to be working decently so far, just need to see how it works when the rail strikes are on since Binley Road especially will be hectic

Sandy Lane

Since the 13 route split the destination blinds show
Out of town Willenhall
Into town Coventry which looks odd as Willenhall is defo a part of Coventry. How quick can a City Centre blind be typed in?

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Sandy Lane on October 14, 2022, 06:09:44 PMSince the 13 route split the destination blinds show
Out of town Willenhall
Into town Coventry which looks odd as Willenhall is defo a part of Coventry. How quick can a City Centre blind be typed in?

I don't think we will ever get a "city centre" update 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

paulb1973

Quote from: Danthebusman on October 10, 2022, 12:50:51 PMThis new split 13 seems to be working decently so far, just need to see how it works when the rail strikes are on since Binley Road especially will be hectic
If this was a permanent arrangement (which I doubt it will be) I suppose they could resurrect the number '15' for the City -  Whitmore Park segment, as numbered pre 21st April 1985 !

Coventrybususer95

Would be nice to have timetables available instead of just guessing when the 13 to holbrooks will turn up
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk