News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birminghams new Emmison

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 07:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: 4504 on April 19, 2012, 06:53:59 PM
Which opens a question, what's happening to the Mercs, b6s and presidents that operate in Birmingham. I know there have been previous discussions about this, but is there actually a solution for as to what's going to happen?

What about other operators that have services in the west midlands, I.e. VIP, blue diamond, black diamond, johnsons, GRS?

Quote from: wilmotm on April 19, 2012, 06:33:16 PM
I believe its anything older than a Y reg, so all Merc O405's, B6's, B10's, the Darts at WB, Presidents and Spectras, that's all I can think off, anymore?

Johnsons fleet is fine unless I'm mistaken.

PM

Yes its fine-Johnsons invest loads and new hybrids coming for the X20 soon anyway

MW

Quote from: Peter123 on April 19, 2012, 08:05:56 PM
Yes its fine-Johnsons invest loads and new hybrids coming for the X20 soon anyway

Hybrids for the X20, first I've heard.

PM

yes, check on midland red.net and green bus fund winners list

I have noticed there have been some white crusaders on 16, are they the crusaders from Preston? Yeah, blue diamond are screwed, by the looks of it, I've got an idea, but I don't think it would happen, or if there's even enough buses available, but a last ditch idea would be to use the signature buses on Birmingham routes.

Quote from: Ash on April 19, 2012, 06:59:30 PM
I think the merc's will be moved to operate within the black country and the innercircle (so it's likely West Brom, Pensnett and may be Wolverhampton may have an increase in their allocation or more likely the t and v reg ones from Bordesley will replace the older R and S reg ones in service. Most of VIP buses meet the requirements, I dont think any of GPS do but could reduce their frequency so will be allowed into the city or only run from Hamstead to Hockley Circus, black diamond seem to replacing recieving solo's from preston and newer darts from wessex, blue diamond as they operate more services in Birmingham than black diamond will face the biggest problem and will need to replace most of it's fleet to fit in with requirements.

Ash

The white wright crusaders are for sale and possibly soon for disposal there just older diamond darts there not from Preston

Nathan4775

Quote from: wilmotm on April 19, 2012, 06:33:16 PM
I believe its anything older than a Y reg, so all Merc O405's, B6's, B10's, the Darts at WB, Presidents and Spectras, that's all I can think off, anymore?

What about route 636 wich is B6LE operated
What about route 31/31A/61/63 which are plaxton operated because BC dont have enough buses to fill services 61/63 if there not allowed into Birmingham, if anything the Tridents should not be allowed to enter Birmingham as there older
80/127/128 are all Plaxton Operated with the odd ALX400 operating
Service 1 is also Plaxton Operated
59/60/957 are also Plaxton operated

All of BC routes operate into B'ham so they carnt swap buses with other routes if you get what I mean
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

TinnedPeaches

I have visions of all the new buses that have arrived at non-Brum garages recently being hoovered up and Brum's non-conforming vehicles descending on WN and PE. Nightmare scenario though, of course...I hope...

Rob H

Nathan

Buses numbered 4125 onwards are allowed into Birmingham ;)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Nathan4775

Quote from: Rob H on April 21, 2012, 05:39:39 PM
Nathan

Buses numbered 4125 onwards are allowed into Birmingham ;)

That makes more sense  8)
My Flickr;

Stu

Double-deck-wise, only the Plaxton Presidents will be unsuitable for the city centre.

West Bromwich have already been receiving extra Geminis from AG and PB to upgrade the 127/128 to double-deck operation.

The 1 can stay President operated, as it terminates at the Town Hall and doesn't enter the affected city centre area, as Tony has already confirmed.

As for the fate of the Presidents at WB and BC, we've only been speculating so far, but one suggestion made would be to move most of them to AG for the 11 Outer Circle, which would see more Geminis move out of AG, with enough left behind for their city centre services (5, 31/31A and occasional 37 workings), and then Tridents could move to BC to replace their Presidents. WB could still keep some Presidents for the 451 service.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Nathan4775

arnt the tridents older than presidents
My Flickr;

PM

No. the twm low floor fleet, in terms of age, is spectra, volvo president, trident-Y reg, then the b7tls/alx400-51 reg, then further tridents-02/52 reg. Then for 03/53 there are tridents and volvo b7tl/eclipse gemini and this continues with more b7tls/tridents-the last delivered are 54 reg. Then further volvo b7tls, along with a trial scania and adl 400. Then its e400s but with a batch of 57 reg scanias too. Have i missed anything out?

Stu

Quote from: NathanJC on April 21, 2012, 06:49:26 PM

They just look older, because the Presidents all got refurbed and have had several coats of paint.  ;D

The Presidents are all V-reg buses, while the oldest Tridents are Y-reg.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on April 21, 2012, 07:19:31 PM
Quote from: NathanJC on April 21, 2012, 06:49:26 PM

They just look older, because the Presidents all got refurbed and have had several coats of paint.  ;D

The Presidents are all V-reg buses, while the oldest Tridents are Y-reg.

And W-reg :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk