News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birminghams new Emmison

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 07:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan4775

Will the new emmison apply to all buses companys that operate to B'Ham or just NXWM ??
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

SMK

From what I've read it'll apply to all
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

MW

Quote from: SMK on April 06, 2012, 07:51:02 PM
From what I've read it'll apply to all

It's every route that is greater than a 30 minute frequency, which begs the question on say if a company currently operates a route at a 10 minute frequency. Couldn't they just make variants of it i.e. 37 becomes 37A to Solihull Hospital, 37B to Solihull Town, 37C to Solihulll Station, all at 30 minute frequency each, making a 10 minute joint frequency between all 3 routes.

Strictly speaking, they are separate routes, so I'm not sure on how it works.

Nathan4775

This is just completly confusing to be honest. They should leave them alone   ???
My Flickr;

How will this new emissions ruling be policed? What's the implications for any operator breaking these rules?

Stu

I don't know how it will be 'policed' as such, but it looks like something all bus operators have already agreed to.

Centro article:
http://www.centro.org.uk/newsroom/PressReleases/PressRelease17143.aspx

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: 966 on April 08, 2012, 04:33:58 PM
How will this new emissions ruling be policed? What's the implications for any operator breaking these rules?

All bus entrances to the city will have cameras that can read registration plates. Any non-authorised vehicle such as a car or non-compliant bus will reveive a fixed penalty

Tony

Stevo

What exactly will the emissions levels be? Euro 2, Euro 3?

Tony

Nathan4775

My Flickr;

What buses (apart from platon presidents) don't meet the euro 2 emissions requirement?

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

I believe its anything older than a Y reg, so all Merc O405's, B6's, B10's, the Darts at WB, Presidents and Spectras, that's all I can think off, anymore?

Ash

Excels, solo's might appear on the (126 and 65 respectively) so would not be able to.

Which opens a question, what's happening to the Mercs, b6s and presidents that operate in Birmingham. I know there have been previous discussions about this, but is there actually a solution for as to what's going to happen?

What about other operators that have services in the west midlands, I.e. VIP, blue diamond, black diamond, johnsons, GRS?

Quote from: wilmotm on April 19, 2012, 06:33:16 PM
I believe its anything older than a Y reg, so all Merc O405's, B6's, B10's, the Darts at WB, Presidents and Spectras, that's all I can think off, anymore?

Ash

I think the merc's will be moved to operate within the black country and the innercircle (so it's likely West Brom, Pensnett and may be Wolverhampton may have an increase in their allocation or more likely the t and v reg ones from Bordesley will replace the older R and S reg ones in service. Most of VIP buses meet the requirements, I dont think any of GPS do but could reduce their frequency so will be allowed into the city or only run from Hamstead to Hockley Circus, black diamond seem to replacing recieving solo's from preston and newer darts from wessex, blue diamond as they operate more services in Birmingham than black diamond will face the biggest problem and will need to replace most of it's fleet to fit in with requirements.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk